9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MN Spring Ride XIII Redux
IMPORTANT CHANGE Saturday, August 1st
Please note the earlier muster time.

8:45 AM
Muster at Coborn's Express in Belle Plaine

9:15 - 10:20
Segment 1 - Belle Plaine to Mankato (45.3 miles, 1:05)

10:50 - 11:40
Segment 2 - Mankato to New Ulm (33.4 miles, 0:51)

11:40 - 1:10
Lunch at Veigel's Kaiserhoff
Per the Governor's latest executive order, we'll each need a face covering to move around in the restaurant. We can remove them after we're seated. They have a large dining room to accommodate us.

1:10 - 2:25
Segment 3 - New Ulm to St Peter (61.7 miles, 1:14)

2:55 - 4:05
Segment 4 - St Peter to Waconia (54.9 miles, 1:10)

MNDOT is showing Hwy 93 south of Henderson as still closed due to last weekend's flooding, so we'll most likely be taking 169 from Le Sueur to Henderson.

4:35 - 5:55
Segment 5 - Waconia to End (35.9 miles, 1:20)

We'll finish with the traditional barbecue.

It's going to be warm. Bring water.

It might be wet in the afternoon. Bring your rain gear!

The GPX file is here, if you want to load it into your navigator.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Please let me know if you plan to attend, and I'll update the list here. Thanks.
With the change of date, please reconfirm your status.

Attending
Anne (off-forum friend, on my pillion)
Ben (off-forum friend, Anne's brother)
Dobie
+1?
Fafnir
Kawazywingr
Randall-in-Mplts
Thumper
Waltre
WayneDW

Maybe
April 2007 (barbecue)

DavidfromWisconsin
Ebbmart
Ike-adelic
Mike (off-forum friend)
TheValk

Regrets
Grunt
John (co-worker)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am planning to make this one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
With regrets, I will not be able to make this one. I was looking forward to some local riding with you all too. The family and I will be in the Black Hills for some adventure and seeing my parents (they're in WY so western SD is a good place to meet).

Kaiserhoff has some good ribs. There's also the MNeis ice cream shop that just opened. Fantastic ice cream, would be a great stop if looking for a treat.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Sign me up! Hopefully, we will have more normal temps!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Just saw this. I will be on the ride.
Randall, can you confirm your pre-ride plans by , say, end of day Friday ?

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My ankle's still a bit tender, but I'll be around if you want to stop by for a break or ride together a bit.
It would be good to stop to see you, Joe. I try to follow the Ride day itinerary on the preview, but we won't need the whole 1.5 hours I've allowed for the lunch stop. Are you in town?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
If you've never done the pre-ride, they are every bit as good as the ride.
My little CX custom is ready to go.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It would be good to stop to see you, Joe. I try to follow the Ride day itinerary on the preview, but we won't need the whole 1.5 hours I've allowed for the lunch stop. Are you in town?
Yes I'm in town, only a few blocks from the Kaiserhof. I'll send you a message with details.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good ride today.
I intend to change the muster location by a couple blocks, and I might rewrite part of the afternoon. Once you get away from the river, it's kind of flat and boring. Well, except for the severe thunderstorms. But those are hard to schedule, so I can't promise that kind of excitement.
Thanks to Thumper for coming along today, and to TheValk for joining us for lunch and a bit of the ride. I'm glad you made it home before the worst of the rain.

Randall

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I am currently dealing with 12 doctors. If I feel well enough I will be there, but I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
It looks to be tad much for me this year. I'll be following you with much interest on this forum, stay safe my friends and semper fidelis nomine lesu

·
Registered
501 Posts
Please let me know if you plan to attend, and I'll update the list here. Thanks.

Attending
Fafnir
Kawazywingr
Randall-in-Mplts
Thumper
Waltre
WayneDW

Maybe
DavidfromWisconsin
Ike-adelic

Regrets
Dobie
Grunt
TheValk
R,
Shortage of help puts me at work sat-hope ride goes as well as the spring ride which was great. Will try to stop over about 5 for stories of gravel-hail- farmers dogs-etc.
april2007 (Paul)

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
R,
Shortage of help puts me at work sat-hope ride goes as well as the spring ride which was great. Will try to stop over about 5 for stories of gravel-hail- farmers dogs-etc.
april2007 (Paul)
One of our Early Election Deputies tested positive for Covid on Friday. Took out 2 or 3 other Judges that were in close contact with her (quarantine for 2 weeks.) The measure was "Were you within 6 feet of her for over 15 minutes?" I was not, but I got tested today at CVS in Edina. I'll be working overtime to fill the gap.
Won't know if I can get away on Saturday. I'll do my best to make the BBQ.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts