Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on guys from Mo and Eastern Ks.

We need to have a ride this year FINALLY.

Will we finally have a weekend planned far enough ahead of time for everyone to plan for ?

And everyone's bike ready to go ?

Let's plan SOMETHING !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just thought I'd let you know I just joined, having just bought my first GL500. It's an '82, Honda fairing and bags. I'm located outside Springfield,MO. I see where you are 60miles east of KC. Warrensburg? Got a brother there, Interior Decorator for the B-2 bomber base.

We have a riding group in this area that I am very active with. GL1000s are my usual ride. Hopefully I will be able to attend the M-West meeting of nakedgoldwingsclub in Ark this June. In May, Branson has their annual Bike Week. Might think about having a get together there, if not a group ride to somewhere. Far-flung riders get their "ride", in just getting somewhere. A meeting, like in Branson, gives time to visit.

If in my area, give me a PM and I more than likely will be home to meet and greet you. I'm retired and have a bike shop at home. MIKE

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I'm in Sweet Springs....right off I-70.....there's some fun twisties to take between here and Knob Knoster or Warrensburg

Blue Fox lives in Columbia

RagBrian lives in Wildwood

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I live in Rolla, MO. About a couple of hours from Springfield or Columbia. I have a CX650, currently a restoration that's ongoing. I'd love to meet some other CX riders!

I dedicated this restoration to my late grandfather who passed last November. The following picture is his car he used to race with in Black hawk Farms, Illinois.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey Rickbert, I just ran across this post tonight. It would be good to have a meet up in Missouri. I have been working out of town this past year, so when I do get back home, I haven't had much time to ride. Since I will be watching this thread, if you post up a date and location, I will see if I can make it. Probably when it's cooler, right

And to MissouriMike and MalcomBliss, welcome to the forum! Hope to see all of you sometime!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Manhattan, KS here... Keep the thread going and I'd love to ride somewhere!

No KSU fans allowed Ramsey !

Teasing....yeah we NEED to do something, but yes once it cools just a tad...it's really not much fun in THIS kind of heat we're having now. I go for a ride in the mornings but that's pretty much it...once it gets over 90 degrees it gets annoying.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8/9/11

HOW ABOUT THIS SATURDAY.......

Roger, Brian and anyone who responded to this thread ??

Nice day forecasted with NO rain !

I'll watch for replies....I'm available, anyone else ?

·
Registered
915 Posts
MalcolmBliss - That sure is a fine specimen you have there. Beautiful bike!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Rick,

Not sure if I could make it this Saturday. I have a HUGE amount of "To Do's" this week before I fly out on Sunday evening to go back on the road for work. Next time I am back in state looks to be over the Labor Day weekend. You all go ahead with out me, but post the details....just in case I could sneek out for a quick ride!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Tomorrow SATURDAY OCTOBER 1 looks like a real nice day for a wrenching/riding day.

I have NO plans.

HINT HINT to anyone nearby.

Hey that sounds great Rick! I would love to ride on 10/1!

Oh wait...

I read this just now, and yes, I did ride today.
I took a run up to Kirksville to see my daughter at school. I am in town for the weekend, so I made a quick 400 mile round trip. Rode on some incredible routes north of I-70 and east of Hwy 63. Mostly county roads and state roads. Longest US highway portion was 61, southbound from Palmyra to Chesterfield.

Just got back home about 3 hours ago. Bit chilly once the sun set. Good thing I had plenty of warm clothing, including a balaclava.

I will dig out the camera later and post a few pics that I took.

Wife was concerned that I was riding the bike today, despite all the "issues" I have had in the past. Well, she ran FLAWLESSLY today.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, oh well, I went for a nice long ride today myself as well.....a bit of everything from Interstate to 4 lane US Highway (US 65) to rural 2 lane county/state highways.

Mine ran great as well.....although after reading the thread about the main fuse in the tech help section even though mine runs great I think I'll modernize my fuse as well !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Newbie. Had this CX650 Custom for under a month.

I took it for a run around Wyandotte County Lake this weeken, just a few miles from my home. I think the bike enjoyed it just as much, if not more, than I did.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, I'm in MO now but I'm an Original Dotte. I didn't even think about WY lake. I bet that would be, a nice ride. I was just in Linwood, KS, rode along K-32 to see Vandergriff's bike collection. Take a look and maybe I'll see some of you's on the road.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l618/ROMisONLINE/Vandergriffs Annual Bikes and BBQ/

P.S. My CX is the black one in the middle of the first pic.

Newbie. Had this CX650 Custom for under a month.

I took it for a run around Wyandotte County Lake this weeken, just a few miles from my home. I think the bike enjoyed it just as much, if not more, than I did.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Kansas is a state that I really want to go and visit more of. I got a buddy that lives in Soloman and he is a native. He knows where a lot of the good stuff is in that state. My only impression of the state is based on driving back and forth on I-70 in a cage.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The next time any of you MO or KS guys want to ride, let me know. I just got my GL650 up and running and would like to meet up with some of you sometime.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would love to meet y'all sometime in the next month or two. I am going to be stationed at Whiteman AFB sometime soon-ish [I have no idea, they haven't told me anything]... Anyways, I'm originally from KC but I live in Cincinnati currently, I'm planning on going to a Royals game sometime soon. Let's try and set something up!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.