Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks, I want to remove the metal plates that go behind the radiator that are part of the fairing setup. There is some rust I must address. Does this require major

removal of parts....engine, turbo, etc or is there another way out?

Thnx R.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The thin metal heat shielding- I remember it being a bear to remove on the 500TC parts bike that I gave away- but the turbo and engine were still on that bike so I know it can be taken off without their removal. I think the fairing, radiator, intake plumbing, and more were off and it was still tough. with stubborn, rusty little nuts in hard to reach places. How about using an excellent paint-over-rust priduct like POR-15 while it is still on the bike? It might get mangled trying to remove it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
There is also one heat shield behind the turbo that reqiures the removal of the Turbo. I walnut shell blasted all of mine and painted with high temp black. Be careful to not destroy the gasket material on some of the shields or they will rattle and scratch each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.