Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short: We where about to have three straight days of rainfall here in Norway. Had my new Hagon shocks in a box next to the bike. Thought to my self: This is probably done in 10 minutes or so, I'm gonna beat the rain.

Hastily does not necessarily mean a good end result. Here is the tale of an idiot:

I mistook the right shock for the left and vice versa. Or, what actually happened is that I took one shock out of the box after removing the right hand shock (when standing behind the bike), and tried to mount it. Thought there was something wrong since the hole in the bushing wasn't even close to fit and ended up removing the small eye/bushing on the bottom for the left hand shock to make it work on the right hand of the bike. After reaching for the second shock i realised my mistake. Meaning I needed to reuse the messed up eye/bushing from the right hand shock (that’s really the left hand) on the left hand shock (that’s really the right hand) to be able to put everything back together.

I know, stupid right?

This leave me with some questions:
1. Are there any other differences then the bushing?
2. There seems to be more space on both sides of the top of eye than before, should I add more washer(s).

Thanks!

Ps. Considering changing my nickname to DumDumIdiot82 in this forum.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had the same problem with some progressives that I put on and I did put bushings on the inside to keep them away from the frame.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I always tell the customer the instructions are in the box if you want to know if you did it right-they usually get the message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts