Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am waiting for the 2010 Amish rally I ran across some old pictures from other rallies. I will start with 2004 and if anyone is interested put up others as I find them. If no interest I will drop the thread.

Gene

Before everyone else arrived!

This used to be a town. The mountain is burning under us!

Dave McCall & I on the ferry crossing the Sequahanna River.

DaveM, me & Phil on the upstairs porch.

Rich, Phil & I can't identify the other rider. Actually, I was trying to get a picture of the young lady but Phil got in the way!

Typical scene in the upstairs kitchen.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was not going to post any more pictures but I ran across these from 2007, just couldn't resist!

Gene

This was Phil, long may he live!

A stop on the way to the burning mountain.

Jerry Brown from SC and his RED VFR!

Lunch break on one of our rides. I won't even attempt to name everyone!

I think this was at the Pantry.

Gathering at Ron's home, prior to a ride.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK Steve, now remember you asked for it! Here are some more from the 2004 rally.

Gene

This was the year (I think) that Glenn from Canada sold the last of his turbos to Jim from New Jersey. Someone correct me if I am wrong. That is Mike from Pittsburg drooling behind Glenn, I think that is Phil behind the tree and I am not sure about the fellow on the left.

This is for anyone who has not been to the camp. I will post some more views to help you recognize the location, I have ridden right by before.

I couldn't resist putting this one up. This was my 82 GL 500 that I turned into a GL 500I. I called the bike Casper for obvious reasons. Notice the sign to my right, it says McCall Dam road, it's not too far from the camp, used to be a logging dam back up in the hills.

Phil & DaveM waiting on the ferry.

TonyG & Phil solving the world's problems next to "Old Yeler". Phil's bike was named after a dog he didn't used to own!

DaveM & Phil crossing the "Rubicon"!

"

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a few more from the 2007 rally. I missed the 09 rally, so if anyone has any pictures I would love to see them.

Mike from Pittsburgh & Jim from New Jersey deep in conversation. I think that is Jim's black turbo.

Keith & his CX along with assorted other bikes.

Sure was a lot of liter in the yard!

This is not a good picture but behind Chris & Keith is infamous buffalo, not just head, but entire front quarter!

Mike & Keith exploring the burning mountain, in opposite directions!

Getting ready to head back to camp and hope no deers decide to share the road!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I didn't have a camera that worked very well at the 2009 Amish rally, or I would post some pics

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Steve, I had heard about the infamous "Tech" sessions in the basement, now I have seen them! Here are a few pictures from the 2006 Amish rally. This was the first rally I came to on the ST1100, nobody even noticed!

Gene

This was the year Rich & the Conn. crew came back! They lived up to their reputation and did serious damage to the buffet at the pantry.

Phil & his daughter. I always thought this was a neat picture. Phil if you want the file I will be glad to send it to you.

All is well with the world, Mike has his coffee!

This is for new folks, this is the view from the throne in the upstairs bath room.

Brother Weiner, hard at work doing what he does best, cooking!!

Here is Rich & Phil, doing what they do best, Eating!!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is raining here in the Boro, it is very hot and the front forks of the 650 are in Jason's possession. They will go back on the bike later today and I will have new progressive springs! Yea for Jason Farley, former CX owner! Here are some more pictures from 2006

Gene

For those of you who may have only seen Ernie (Rich's brother-in-law) on his Goldwing, he does own a CX and here it is!

This is not a good picture but I am posting it anyway. The yellow bike belonged to Rich, I don't know if I have any other pictures of it.

This is whats under the skin of a ST1100, Ron was doing a little surgery, Thanks again Ron!

This was my FOOT! Damn camera, thinks its smarter than me. I'll show it, I'll just drop it, see how it like that!

Jim, Glenn & Mike can't decide, is it a scooter or is it a motorcycle?

If we only knew!! We had the worst meal of the rally at this place, don't go there, I won't even tell you where it is.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, Fat Rhino, I found some pictures from the 2005 rally. Here we go again!

Gene

This was the parking lot of the Piper Aircraft plant in Lock Haven. We had a nice tour of the building.

Thats Mike checking out his next ride!

The clan begins to gather.

Showers, circa 05, they look different now!

Casper & friend hiding from the rain in the basement.

This was a vertical shaft in the mine tour we took that year. The hardship of the miners was incredible!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some more from 05!

Wow, I had forgotten this gentleman! Who would know that 3 years later I would be driving a hack!

Bear with me, that is just a really neat rig. The young man to the right is Phil's former son-in-law.

This was the outhouse, for those of you who have never seen one, its the crapper!

DavidW & friend leaving for home.

Don't worry the Silverwing is up to the job!

Is TonyG relaxed or what?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still more 2005. Isn't someone going to holler "Uncle"?

Gene

Jim from New Jersey is leaving in the background, don't know which one of his herd was in the bed. Thats Phil's former.........

This gentleman was a one time, day visitor that year. Can anyone remember his name, I can't!

That was the year Dick Smith from Raleigh (on crutches) came up to complete a trade with Phil.

Wish I could see what they were looking at, darn!

Phil had it rigged to explode but it misfired!

Some of the bikes in Bob Logue's Honda in Williamsport

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The one where you wish you could see what they were looking at..... What is the fairing on the white bike on the right? I don't know if it's the fairing or the paint/ color scheme... but I like it!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Still more 2005. Isn't someone going to holler "Uncle"?

Gene

Jim from New Jersey is leaving in the background, don't know which one of his herd was in the bed. Thats Phil's former.........

This gentleman was a one time, day visitor that year. Can anyone remember his name, I can't!

That was the year Dick Smith from Raleigh (on crutches) came up to complete a trade with Phil.

Wish I could see what they were looking at, darn!

Phil had it rigged to explode but it misfired!

Some of the bikes in Bob Logue's Honda in Williamsport
Technically Pete is still my Son in Law, they are together again. We may have them for a brief visit this week end. That unidentified fella on the rootbear GL is Len from Philly.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Phil, thanks for the info. Sorry for screwing up Pete's status, good for the kids that they are a couple again. Since you didn't yell "Uncle" here are some more pictures fro 2005.

Gene

As you can see there are a lot of bikes in Bob Logues' museum.

Our ride leader had to stop and find out where we were!

Getting ready to leave on a ride.

Traditiionial meal at the pantry.

Part of table #2

The rest of table #2

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,014 Posts
The guys name on the sidecar rig is Harry Tarzan. He is the guy with "the creation" that a few of us went to see.

The 'creation" is a beemer bike with a subaru 4 cylinder engine and a side wheel steering sidecar. He has been into sidecars for most if not all of his life and also owned a few cx's.

The white bike is a 500 turbo with GL silverwing bags. It was/is Andy Christiansens from Ohio. It has an oil leak and he hasnt' ridden much since the rally.

I wonder if Len in Pa made the jump to the new forum. Last word was that he wasn't riding much anymore.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Tony for the info! Its always better when folks in a picture can be identified. Sorry to hear Len is not riding any more but I have a couple of other pictures of him at that rally and he looked to be so thin a strong wind would blow him away! Here are a few from the 2008 rally.

Gene

Before Don & I reached the rally in 08 we had to stop at Bob Logues Honda in Williamsport for obvious reason!

Here the hack is up on the (2) lifts at Bob Logues. That gentleman is a fine Honda dealer. When he gets a traveler such as Don & I with an emergency he puts them ahead of all other work! This is the exact opposite of the sorry ass Honda dealer in Anchorage, because it was a hack he would not work on it!

Don is chatting with the camp kitty after our arrival at Amish 2008.

Ron is checking out the beginning of "Tent City" at the 08 Amish.

TonyG bringing goodies!

Don & DaveF are checking out our "other Canadian" Keith's ride!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Good of you to post the pics Gene. It's a treat to put faces to the names we've all read here before and they personalize the forum. I didn't realize you guys are so old.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I'm enjoying the captions Gene. My work pc won't let most pics thru, but the captions are worth a thousand pictures . . . It's looking like Gamache and I will be riding in Friday late afternoon, if he gets his bike back together. I think he likes the excitement of not knowing for sure if it will run or not until the last minute.
We're planning on meeting for breakfast Friday at 9:00 A.M. at ToyMaker's in Falls Village, Ct, if anyone is around at that time. The great convergence of MA and CT, headed thru NY, and NJ on the way to PA. It's almost like a major ride, in miniature.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts