Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am new to the site, but I look forward to talking with you all.

My wife and I own a custom automotive shop in Springfield, Or. We have been have been open for a year now, and we are starting to get into bikes. I have a 1978 CX 500 that I plan to do some custom work on. I wanted to invite anyone that is interested to our annual Memorial Day BBQ.

The BBQ is at our shop, anyone that is interested is welcome.

Zach

Hard Luck Customs

hardluckcustoms.net

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas. Sadly, I live too far away to attend.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Welcome to the forum, HLC. I'm originally from Eugene, and lived in Springfield for several years before I headed north. Not sure I could join in the bbq, but you have found a great resource here. There are quite a few of us guys/gals on the west coast, so it is always nice to have a new "local" here.

Please take a minute to update your profile with your location and edit your signature line with the kind of bike you have, as it will help us all help you in the future.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for the invite, sir. While working in Junction City, I lived along side of highway 126 just west of Noti. Every week, we would drive in along West 11th to shop. But now, I'm in Montana. I visit family and friends in Portland & Salem/Keizer, but infrequently. Especially now at $4 per gallon. I have an 80-CX500-Custom rider, and am finishing-up on a 79-CX500-Deluxe rebuild project from forum member TimK.

Montana "in a very different world from Eugene/Springfield these days" Clifford

·
Registered
25 Posts
Zack welcome I'm in Salem OR and will try to make it down to your BBQ on Memorial Day. It will be two days before I retire so it will be a good celebration. I will bring down the CX500 Turbo.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hey Guys, I am new to the site, but I look forward to talking with you all.

My wife and I own a custom automotive shop in Springfield, Or. We have been have been open for a year now, and we are starting to get into bikes. I have a 1978 CX 500 that I plan to do some custom work on. I wanted to invite anyone that is interested to our annual Memorial Day BBQ.

The BBQ is at our shop, anyone that is interested is welcome.

Zach

Hard Luck Customs

hardluckcustoms.net
Zack,

You might want to go in and correct your avatar information. You misspelled the town name and I had to go back and reread the post to see where you lived.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Zack,

You might want to go in and correct your avatar information. You misspelled the town name and I had to go back and reread the post to see where you lived.

No, he got it right....You've been to Eugene, right? The two cities are next to each other, so it's all Sprigfield.

·
Registered
290 Posts
We should start scheduling-in the Coast-101 trip, and the Mt St. Helens trip. If we have things on the calendar a month-or-two in advance, then people can adjust their schedules, budgets, and bike-maintenance to attend. And our 101 trip could go straight down I5 to Eugene, loop around onto West 11th, and then due westwards out 126 to Florence, and then northwards on 101. But the Eugene-Springfield-Albany-Corvallis-Sweet Home members could meet us at that Reservoir at Elmira/Veneta, to eliminate the ~100 miles up, and ~100 miles down on I5.

Any interest in a July 16th (Saturday) "Mid-Oregon Coast Loop" Portland-I5-Southbound, Eugene-126-Westbound, Florence 101-Northbound, Lincoln City-22-Eastbound, Salem-I5-Northbound and back home? We can do a North Oregon Coast run later. And then there is the Mount Saint Helens day-trip.

Montana Clifford

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.