Honda CX 500 Forum banner
281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
What a fun topic, thanks for starting this.

I bought this gal to resell but as she sat during the winter i grew more and more fond until one day i was compelled to see what she looked like undressed :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Figured I would post a right side up photo of my bike.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to dig out some more build photos and pics of other bikes, but starting with these.

My origanal GL500I in the middle of an epic 8 week trip. I quit my job and headed West for two weeks. Ended up being 8 weeks.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Transport

Left El Paso in 100 degree weather in August with no coat, no gloves (and no sense) headed north. Got stuck at Monarch Pass in CO when the (August) snow closed the road for two days. I'd have frozen and starved if not for a group of old guys on scary taped together ratbike Harleys who took pity on me and/or liked the two bottles of Mescal I was carrying from Juarez. Both I think.
Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Snow Automotive tire

Another photo from out West. I was camped out at an abandoned gas station (a different one than the other photo).
Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Transport Automotive tire

This GL500I was painted "Midori Green," I powder coated the pitted chrome, and had a saddle shop cover the seats with leather. I regret not keeping this one.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Moped Tree

A couple of GL500 builds. I think the one on the jack later be came the "Midori Green" dresser and the more complete one on its sidestand ended up leaving home. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

By bro instructing Russian exchange students on the old Kaw. She only had 4900 miles on her. My bro later got hit by an old farmer at a roundabout who just flat ran *over* the bike instead of stopping. The bike was totaled. Bro is still with us.
Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph Motorcycle Motor vehicle

The K1200RS just before I sold it. Displayed with all the gadgets. Beautiful machine. And a real lemon.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

The current bike. 7800 miles. So new the stickers are still almost mint. I never knew how many plastic caps and covers a Silverwing had. They were mostly missing on my previous bikes. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Material property Font Metal Label Vehicle Font Car Gauge Speedometer Tachometer Measuring instrument Auto part

Going to post more GL500 pics when I find them.

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
Great job, nice looking bike. No exhaust system?

·
Registered
89 Posts
my 82 gl500-i and recently painted helmet. "half naked" removed seatbelt latch for bags, stock turn signals replaced with random old round Honda turns, really not far from stock but I like it. looks fairly sporty IMO and its comfortable. I plan on shortening the windshield some. my first gl500.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Reactions: purplecx500

·
Premium Member
2021 Benelli Leoncino - 2017 CSC RX3 - 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i - 1979 CX650 Street Scrambler
1,592 Posts
Latest iteration of my 650 Street Scrambler...

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Next step is to change the angle of the exhaust so the bottom pipe splays out, instead of the pipes jogging parallel first. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

Charles.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Murrays Carbs, Rae-San Ignition, BBCR mono shock conversion, G8 Stator, Danmoto 180 gauge, AGM battery etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
GL400 bought this morning. Very original condition, originally Japanese market model, ended up in Ireland via Germany. Ran very well this morning on the motorway on the way back from the dealers. Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Spoke Motor vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Engine Motorcycle

281 - 300 of 330 Posts