Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the top of the handlebar assem. in the ultrasonic cleaner to prep for resurfacing.

I blame the fact that there was poor lighting, but apparently, there was a rubber grommet/ring which goes around the key ignition assem.

Part : RUBBER 642397 (151966-001)

Any idea how/where I can get another one? I suppose if I tried hard enough, I can put a scrap of rubber tubing there(temporary) to hold the ignition snug, but would prefer the actual part.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
The oil filter grommets may work, you might be able to use heat shrink tubing too, harbor freight has it in pretty large sizes.

Mike

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was able to get a pretty thick o-ring from the local hardware store, it didn't look too pretty up top, so I got an aluminum ring, which fit perfectly (1" inner circle, 1½" outer circle)

tomorrow with some light, I'll take some pics of it. it will have to do for now.

Eventually, I might find someone selling a bike for parts here, and salvage that from their sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.