Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
IIRC the Yamaha seal,if used complete,requires the Rear engine cover hole opening out.I would suggest you just use my method 1st as it's easier.There's no advantage to removing the original,"Metal Cup" if it's not leaking.You,"Can" use the Yamaha inner seal part in the Standard cup.

HTH

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
My only reluctance in leaving the old metal cup is the though of having to pull apart the new seal. Im not sure how easy it is to get apart, and I sure dont want to wreck it. Just the thought of "heating" something thats rubber/plastic makes me cringe lol. I sure would be easier to not have to open up the hole, just not sure if I can pull off removing the seal innards and making them go in ok in the old cup.

I guess I can only go by the people that have done it, and if you think I can get it right Im willing to give it a go (was going to buy 2 anyway lol just in case)

See this link again,

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=355

Patience and heat are the key to NOT tearing the inner seal when removing from the metal cup and with a Yamaha seal listen for a,"Sizzle".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.