Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one of the bikes the ceramic disk came out of the impeller with the rubber part that holds it in.

Should I replace it with the one that came with the Yamaha seal?

I have enough to do them all, should I replace all ceramic disks or are they an item that does not brake down?

Also I bought Permatex Water pump & Thermostat housing RTV silicone gasket Will this do the trick well for sealing the mech. seal in the metal cup and if so can I use it to glue in the rubber holder for the ceramic disk?

Thanks,

Doug H.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
On one of the bikes the ceramic disk came out of the impeller with the rubber part that holds it in.

Should I replace it with the one that came with the Yamaha seal?

I have enough to do them all, should I replace all ceramic disks or are they an item that does not brake down?

Also I bought Permatex Water pump & Thermostat housing RTV silicone gasket Will this do the trick well for sealing the mech. seal in the metal cup and if so can I use it to glue in the rubber holder for the ceramic disk?

Thanks,

Doug H.
hi Doug,yes they split,iv done it.lots of info here.

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=355

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. I will replace them all.

The RTV stuff good to use?

Thanks,

Doug H.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Great. I will replace them all.

The RTV stuff good to use?

Thanks,

Doug H.
RTV is fine....just remember the yammy seal needs a bit more heat than the honda one..dont force it,listen......be patcient

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did four. one at a time. What I did was gently put the cup in the vise an gently put two screwdriver tips in the spring the wight of the handles applied a small amount of lift so that when I used the grill lighter is a circular motion it jut popped right out without over cooking.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I did four. one at a time. What I did was gently put the cup in the vise an gently put two screwdriver tips in the spring the wight of the handles applied a small amount of lift so that when I used the grill lighter is a circular motion it jut popped right out without over cooking.
you dont have a mate down the road called......jamie oliver,do you?

well done

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is one in Hope the next town over. I had to use 411 ti said he was between 35-40 years old.

is that him?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts