Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Anyone here with the measurements (preferably in millimeters) of the wider end bits on the exhaust headers? See photo. I have a custom exhaust (second photo of my header end) and want to have these bits welded onto those to make installation more simple and sturdy. I would need the length of the end section and the two widths.
I am in sort of a hurry because bringing the pipe to the welder tomorrow. So fast help would be much appreciated! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,479 Posts
45mm and 50mm. The entire flange is 25mm tall. The wider part is about 4mm of that.

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,479 Posts
The header I measured is from a CX500 Custom. You didn't say what model you're working with. I'm not sure if they're all the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks, I think my model is originally a 1982 standard. I suppose the flange in my case should narrowly pass through the crown shaped clamps, as I have a one-piece 2 to 1 pipe. And then I would have to add separate collars before tightening to be able to clamp it tightly. The first photo is what I have now (okay how it was years back, thats a previous owner´s photo).
Hand tool Bumper Gas Snake Wood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts