Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Me and my first new bike back in 1979

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  WayneDW 
#1 ·
Bought this 1979 CX500 Deluxe brand new in July of '79 after graduating from High School for $2,195. I put a Vetter Windjammer on as the weather in Minnesota turned cool...

It's hard to look like a tough biker when wearing a powder blue down jacket while posing with the bike in your parents back yard..... LOL !

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Do you still have it? I've kept all my bikes so far with the exception of my first bike, which i regret not keeping but I was young and needed trade in value.

Peace

Owen

#5 ·
Thanks for the shout outs guys. I figured you would understand....

I wish I still had it, but sold it a few years later to buy a Gold Wing. Did the same Vetter fairing and bags to the GW before you could buy them full dressed from Honda. Now I'm all nostalgic about re-living my youth and getting a CX again, but am very particular. I have my eye on one of Larry's projects....

#6 ·
It's hard to look like a tough biker when wearing a powder blue down jacket while posing with the bike in your parents back yard..... LOL !

Those were the days, my friend! We thought they'd never end...

#7 ·
You are so right Wayne....so right.

BTW, that backyard was in Bloomington, MN...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.