Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FRIEND AND BROTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of interest in the 'In memory of' patch. Here's how we can do it:

Everyone that is interested can send me an e-mail [email protected] with your shipping info and the quantity of patches that you want. I will leave this open until August 1st. At that point I will post all the names with the quantity ordered (no personal info) for 7 days. If you don't see you name or the quantity is incorrect, contact me immediately. After I get a count, I will get a price and let every one know. At that point I will post instructions on payment. After I receive payment from everyone, I will place the order and ship them out once I receive them.

I will check into shipping this month. In the states and probably Canada, I should be able to just put them in an envelope and send them through the mail. The patch will have a black background with a white border and white lettering. There are several options for colors, but I thought the easiest way to go about it was to just keep it simple. The three lines will read:

Line 1: IN MEMORY OF

Line 2: MARSHALL FRANKLIN

Line 3: GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

We can actually put whatever we want on line 3, so if anyone has something better let me know.

If you have any questions, PM or e-mail me.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
I'll send a PM shortly, but perhaps the last line could read "Gone but not forgotten on the WWW.CX500FORUM.COM

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd like a patch

I chose CX500Forum.com Mentor. I just thought he'd get a kick out of that.

I don't know him aside from his comments here and there, but in some way I think he'd like that .... I don't know

I would like the patch stuffed in the nacelle somewhere.

Every time I dig in there I will remember him as a "part" of the bike, at least a 7-volt regulator part.

He's helped out a lot for sure

Thanks for the extra effort there Stubby

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
I voted but i'm not sure. Not that i don't respect Marshall or wont miss his comments but I don't do patches. I buy patches but I never sew them on. But I think I'll hunt up a pin that does the job for him and more. Although this is a very good idea. I almost think we should have a wall post of members lost and maybe a brief description and picture. Maybe put it in the off topic and have the entries put at the first post in the thread. Since moderators have the power to edit posts they could take the information and put it in the first post so it would be the first thing everyone sees in that thread. Shouldn't be a crazy thing to do since we seem to have a pretty good mortality rate.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I will remember him as a "Friend and Brother" of the the motorcycle fraternity. No need for anything else to be said IMO.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I agree with Blindstich that we should have the moderators create a pinned topic or such for fallen members. I run a gaming site and had one created a while back. Not sure how you would want to handle it on a forum, but some form here would be a good thing, after all, its is here we all come and what better place to have a tribute.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
I agree with Blindstich that we should have the moderators create a pinned topic or such for fallen members. I run a gaming site and had one created a while back. Not sure how you would want to handle it on a forum, but some form here would be a good thing, after all, its is here we all come and what better place to have a tribute.

Seems like we need a few things to make it work. Sorry Stubby if I'm screwing up this thing.

Does anyone have a picture of Marshall on a bike or otherwise?

Is there someone who knows Marshall enough to write some kind words about him and his actions in helping/mentoring members? And knows his born on date? And maybe a word on what caused his expiration.

Then just send me the info or post it in this thread and I'll create the Fallen Bikers Memorial thread.

Seems we also need one written for Dick in Raleigh and I should probably write one for Thomas Hesse.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.