Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my bike in March, and the original owner said that he'd snail mail me the owner's manual "when he finds it". I don't think it's gonna happen.

I know that the manual is available as a digital image (downloaded everything I could find), but I'd really like to have a physical copy of the thing.

Does anyone know of a reliable/inexpensive/good source for manuals for my 1980 CX 500 Deluxe? Do I get a Clymer, or I've seen in previous posts that there is a Haynes one as well.

I'm in Canada, if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I bought my bike in March, and the original owner said that he'd snail mail me the owner's manual "when he finds it". I don't think it's gonna happen.

I know that the manual is available as a digital image (downloaded everything I could find), but I'd really like to have a physical copy of the thing.

Does anyone know of a reliable/inexpensive/good source for manuals for my 1980 CX 500 Deluxe? Do I get a Clymer, or I've seen in previous posts that there is a Haynes one as well.

I'm in Canada, if that makes a difference.
haynes without a doubt,ill go find you one

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have been printing mine one section at a time at work. I have them in small three ring folders and I was just looking for a picture of something, digging through 8 unlabeled folders, and I realized these need to be in order in one binder.

·
Super Moderator
23,713 Posts
Ebay I guess. I don't have an owners handbook for the CX but have picked up the factory workshop manual, Honda dealers revue booklet and the 500 and 500/650 Haynes manuals on Ebay. Also manuals [Honda, Clymer and Haynes as well as the owners manual] for my CB 450s.

It seems to me with ebay if you look long enough everything turns up eventually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.