Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey hey!

I'm about to undertake my first project on my '82 GL500. Looking to do the Main Fuse Modification (http://cxgl.wikispaces.com/Main+Fuse+Modification)

This is my first project, so if you have any: "Remember to do X" or "Don't forget about X, Y, Z", I would appreciate any and all tips and pointers.

Off to get the required parts.

I'll try and take some pictures and post them in the thread here.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The wiki covers it really well. If you want to you can disconnect the negative battery cable but really no need if ignition is off. This might be a good time to inspect/clean/tighten the chassis ground wire connection under the seat and clean/tighten the battery connections. Have fun!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Project complete (I think...)

Thanks SteveinPA, yes, the wiki set me up for success! (I think...)

Alright, after only 2 trips to the auto parts store, I'm pretty sure I've got the Main Fuse Modification completed on my 82 GL500. Couldn't get the heat shrink tubing to fit, so the guy at the shop suggested using electrical tape. Please let me know if that is a bad idea.

Pics below.

Broke the plastic on the clear connector -- (nothing a little electrical tape can't fix at the end, right? :/ )

Before:

After:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Regular electrical tape tends to unwind eventually but there is a type that you stretch and it sticks to itself and never comes off. Liquid electrical tape works great too.

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
What hugemoth refers to is called fusion tape.

FUSION-TAPE-copy.jpg

Joel in the Couve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts