Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an munit diagram for a cx500 they did??
Having trouble wiring up the ignition side of it
79 cx500

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Good!. So now the thing to do is to post your solution to help the next person with the same question.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ultimate Upgrade

CX650Wiring_Rae-San Upgrade_05-01.jpg

Here is my diagram I drew up and figured out, I am using the upgraded Rae-Sans ignition, MOSFET Regulator Rectifier and a Ultima Black Single Fire 3 Ohm Harley Coil.

Mike

·
Registered
497 Posts
View attachment 185875

Here is my diagram I drew up and figured out, I am using the upgraded Rae-Sans ignition, MOSFET Regulator Rectifier and a Ultima Black Single Fire 3 Ohm Harley Coil.

Mike
Mike,

So the diagram you posted is a tested running system you have on your bike now? In other words, it is a known good diagram that others can copy if they have a similar configuration on their bike?

What made you go with the HD coil and how does it perform?

BTW, what model & year bike do you have?

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Mike,

So the diagram you posted is a tested running system you have on your bike now? In other words, it is a known good diagram that others can copy if they have a similar configuration on their bike?

What made you go with the HD coil and how does it perform?

BTW, what model & year bike do you have?

Thanks for posting!
The HD coil was recommended by Murray to complete a full electrical modernized system. Yes it works very well. My bike now is a CX500 with a upgraded CX650 engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The HD coil was recommended by Murray to complete a full electrical modernized system. Second question why would I take the time to draw it all up a post to to screw with people? Yes it works very well. My bike now is a CX500 with a upgraded CX650 engine.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
@Mike, I'm not able to find a kill switch in your diagram. Did that just not make it on here or you choose not to have it on your bike?
The m-switch. Can be programmed to do both. Press once to power the system press and hold to start. Then double push to kill the system.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
@Mike, I'm not able to find a kill switch in your diagram. Did that just not make it on here or you choose not to have it on your bike?
I should have labeled the start button. Start/Kill Button.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The ignition system remains unaltered, but receives power from the Aux output on the M-unit. A start/Kill switch will work with the M/unit, however, whether or not the stock Honda kill switch will work is another matter. I don't know for certain, but I do recall reading somewhere that it may not.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Ultimate Upgrade

View attachment 185875

Mike
Mike you bike looks amazing a true inspiration!
Thank you so much for uploading your wiring diagram you can’t imagine how helpful it is.
I’m planning on installing a munit blue this fall, putting together a list of parts that I’m going to need and drawing up a wiring diagram for myself, and I was hoping you could answer some questions for me.
I’m running a Rea San Hall effect CDI
Murray’s coils on plugs
Mosfet r/r and 8cell battery
so very similar to your set up.
In your diagram I see that you connect the 12v wire from the ReaSan to the ignition out put on the Munit I’m i correct? I’m assuming the green wire went to ground , brown to right coil and yellow to left coil just like you would with a stock harness.
I see on a previous post that you are using the kill mode from the Munit so did you leave the white kill wire from the ReaSan unconnected?
And I see a yellow wire connecting to your dash is that wire the tech rpm counter?
Thank you so much for your help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts