Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbo Will/PA notified me today that Lynn left us this morning, he was a regular at the PA Rally for many years. RIP Len, Godspeed.

Excerpt from Will:

"It's with heavy heart that I write to let you know that our friend Lynn passed away early this morning after a brief hospitalization.

This was not an expected outcome and caught myself and some of his friends off guard. He has had some health issues in the last year but had been relatively stable - still living on his own, etc."

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
My respectful condolences to his friends and family ...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lynn (Len in PA), myself and SteveinPA - summer 2010 outside of the Windmill Family Restaurant, Morgantown PA

He will be sorely missed by myself, my immediate family and his many friends...

Attachments

Reactions: grrage66

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
God speed Lynn, you will be missed. Ride your bike now in heaven.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Lynn was a gentle soul and a pleasure to spend time with. Glad I got the chance to know him a little.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Lynn was a hoot! Nothing seemed to rile him. He even liked my Burgman.

Thanks, Will, for the nice PM.

Jerry

Reactions: Phil in Vermont

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
He helped me with a bit of sciatica I was experiencing a few years back and also gave me some graphite (not for my back! - for my locks). And you ask why go to the Amish or some of the rallies? It's to visit with folks like Len. He was a great guy. Sorry I won't see him this time around.

Reactions: Phil in Vermont

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Len was the first to arrive at the first HTTA Amish Rally. Gene and I were sitting on the porch waiting for attendee's, Heard a motorcycle approaching carefully on the road. A beautiful GL 650 stopped at the driveway and the rider looked down the drive, waved one time and rode down to the camp for a nice day visit, I'm missing Gene, my interpritator , I'm sure he and Len are waiting for me.
Rest in peace old friends.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Len was the first to arrive at the first HTTA Amish Rally. Gene and I were sitting on the porch waiting for attendee's, Heard a motorcycle approaching carefully on the road. A beautiful GL 650 stopped at the driveway and the rider looked down the drive, waved one time and rode down to the camp for a nice day visit, I'm missing Gene, my interpritator , I'm sure he and Len are waiting for me.
Rest in peace old friends.
The story continues...that according to Len is that he was the first to arrive at camping using what was then an early GPS, he claims you guys all wanted to write down the latitude and longitude numbers to make a note of it for future use. Len was always a techy guy!

Our last trip to the Amish Rally together was 2015 where we arrived on 4 wheels. We had nice overnight visit, unfortunately having missed a few people who had already left including Phil and David.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Someone will have to plan on a eulogy ride with a short speech of remembrance at one of the stops. Followed by a toast before taps.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My deepest condolences to his family.
Ride free Len

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
984 Posts
Thanks for the note Will. Len was on the old swedish Bb too. He had posted a bit more frequently there. I have had several people I know go to the hospital for a routine proceedure and die suddenly. Is there any more details will? Sorry to check in late.

Did the cats and posessions get taken care of?

Did you help clean up the house Will? Did you find that bottle of shoe black that he had to be using on his hair? We never did go to the gentlemans club like he wanted to. Its a swing club now.

I'm thankful for the association we had and the way you befriended him Will.

We'll drink one.....maybe a soda..... to Len sometime.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Tony - I'll contact you via PM or email soon. I've been busy cleaning and wrapping up stuff related to him. A long time friend of his took smokey the cat.

We held a celebration of life yesterday with some of his other close friends. In preparation for that I also found this photo - which was taken on our way up to the Amish Rally in 2012 - the last year we both arrived via motorcycle. I would have liked to come this year, but yesterday was the celebration of life and then I have to work next weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. Maybe next year...

Vehicle Helmet Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle helmet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts