Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..I have been lurking about in the taillights for some time...reading the posts checking out some of the fixes and I must say this forum is one of THE very BEST I have EVER found on the web. I have a 1980 CX500C that I have owned for the last 12 years...and it is probably the most bullet-proof ride I have ever owned...even beating out my GS1100 for reliability. Still working on it though...major problem seems to be finding a new front brake system as the old one went south long ago...leaks like a sieve. Anyhoo, just wanted to innerduce myself and say hey.

Shiny side up, fellas and gals.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
hiya buddy,and a warm welcome from the south of spain.

the guys here will soon help you get your bike near on perfect.

please spend a few minutes to update your signiture line.include your bikes details and where you live in the world.

it helps others help you

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi there, and welcome. Should be able to source brake bits from a couple of places. Second hand from one the other members, or new from DavidSilverSpares.com or try CMSNL.com.

Any decent brake shop should be able to make steel tube brake lines, and hydraulic hoses to length. Try to find stainless braided brake hoses, as they dont expand as much, when under pressure. Gives you a firmer lever.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the CX/GL500 forum.

As has been mentioned, these brakes are easy. Since these bikes are 30 years old now, its overdue for having a front brake overhaul. Thankfully, this is cheap and easy. This includes rebuilding your brake caliper, installing a new brake line, and rebuilding the master cylinder. That's it and you're good for another 30 years!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.