Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Honda CX500 Custom
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed I have one of these empty holes on each side of the engine. Do these serve a specific purpose, or are these just for accessory mounting? Thanks!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Alloy wheel Bumper

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
They are also useful for mounting a sidecar.

Reactions: nippongreen

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's some

:D

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Charles, rarely do we see a raked twisted twin. 👍
BTW, about what year were we in TWO, GA? Your dad was there, Glenn C and TurboDan among others I think. Old times, good times. I had ridden down from CT with Ernie L who was on a G’Wing. Me on Rusty, my previous GL650I. Didn’t your dad have his single cylinder GL500 there? Going home I nearly had a head on with a SUV on a rainy day in a BRP tunnel when my windshield and eyeglasses fogged up instantly upon entering. I cut 2” off the windshield when I got home.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
That's some

:D
Lol...thats the movie version of mr.chopchop...
I saw the real one when he was doing a pub tour of "stories" with Roger Rogerson.....a corrupt cop now in jail...now MrRogerson is a story in itself...
In retrospect that night was a somewhat distastful experience..at intermission Mrchop was selling autographs and poems written on photos of his "victims"...what the hell?????.i did have free tickets thats my defense on being there....
Edit. If Mr Chop or associates reads this No Offense intended....:unsure:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Lol...thats the movie version of mr.chopchop...
I saw the real one when he was doing a pub tour of "stories" with Roger Rogerson.....a corrupt cop now in jail...now MrRogerson is a story in itself...
In retrospect that night was a somewhat distastful experience..at intermission Mrchop was selling autographs and poems written on photos of his "victims"...what the hell?????.i did have free tickets thats my defense on being there....
Edit. If Mr Chop or associates reads this No Offense intended....:unsure:
You'll be right- Mr Chopchop passed on a few years ago now. If Rogerson ever gets out though...

Reactions: bahn88

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Charles,

Thanks for the pics! The forward controls look more comfy than the stock position for people with long legs. Did it cause and cornering issues? I guess with the raked front the geometry is different than the stock anyway...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.