Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Maybe if you live in the USA you better start looking for CX500 Turbo wheels , they were standard gold ( and are the same as the CX650 Turbo golden wheels )

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Font

·
Registered
765 Posts
The swing arm and gear ratio driveshaft - wheel is different, the wheels are the same ( to the best of my knowledge )

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sorry think you right they are not the same :
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle

CX650T on the left and CX500T on the right.

But I see on a GL650 that for the final drive they use MC7 parts and those are from a CX500 Turbo. So CX650T rear rim would not fit your GL650 but a CX500 Turbo would

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry think you right they are not the same :

But I see on a GL650 that for the final drive they use MC7 parts and those are from a CX500 Turbo. So CX650T rear rim would not fit your GL650 but a CX500 Turbo would
Well holy shit, thank you for saving me a lot of time

·
Registered
765 Posts
not the same...
PK
We already established that the CX650T and CX500T rear rims are not compatible, or do you mean a CX500T rear rim would not fit a GL650 ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Someone pulled this off and I want to know how. See above thread. It was discussing Turbo wheels on a GL 650.

The sources I found indicate that a CX500T wheel would match a GL650 hub as nearly every part of the rear hub use the same part number.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
570 Posts
The actual RIMS are the same. you can swap out innards, including spacers and such for a CX500T or a CX650T. The Hub (and hence the swingarm also) is also different. The CX500T has 3 bolts, and the CX650T has 4 bolts.

A GL650 also has a 4 bolt Swingarm and the inards and spacers are the same used as on the CX650T, I know this as I researched and was going to put gold CX500T rims on a CX650T project as I was having difficulty finding silver CX650T rims for my project. I was going to purchase a donar GL650 rear and take the spacers and put them in the CX500T rim.

Anyhow, one other difference is the GL650 uses a rear drum brake while the CX turbos have a rear disk brake. If he is going to make this work, he will have to address that issue as well.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The actual RIMS are the same. you can swap out innards, including spacers and such for a CX500T or a CX650T. The Hub (and hence the swingarm also) is also different. The CX500T has 3 bolts, and the CX650T has 4 bolts.

A GL650 also has a 4 bolt Swingarm and the inards and spacers are the same used as on the CX650T, I know this as I researched and was going to put gold CX500T rims on a CX650T project as I was having difficulty finding silver CX650T rims for my project. I was going to purchase a donar GL650 rear and take the spacers and put them in the CX500T rim.

Anyhow, one other difference is the GL650 uses a rear drum brake while the CX turbos have a rear disk brake. If he is going to make this work, he will have to address that issue as well.
I guess if I were him, I would look into a 650 Eurosport swingarm and rear wheel, that would fit his project. however the rims would be silver, If he wanted them gold, he would have to address the color issue.

·
Registered
765 Posts
A GL650 also has a 4 bolt Swingarm and the inards and spacers are the same used as on the CX650T,
Are you sure? According to the parts list manuals the GL650 has a 3 bolt Swingarm and the CX650E has a 4 bolt Swingarm

Font Auto part Parallel Circle Drawing

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,059 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts