Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im in need of a cx front end if anyone is selling or knows where to find. Need the wheel, disc, forks, etc..

·
Registered
215 Posts
What is your location. I have one but you may find one close that you don't have to pay shipping. Also do you need the comstar or reversed comstar rim.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
To widen your search, the yoke and forks from any '78-'79 CX500 Standard, '79-'80 CX500 Custom, or '79-'81 CX500 Deluxe will be a direct bolt-on replacement on your '79 Custom.

The black Reverse Comstar wheel from any CX500 Custom or Deluxe will be a match. The silver Comstar wheel from a Standard will work. It's just a little narrower and has slightly different spokes.

The black Reverse Comstar wheel from a GL500, even with a single rotor, is different. Be sure of your source.

It's too bad you aren't up here in the snow. I have most, if not all, of what you need, but shipping would be a killer. You should be able to find a better deal closer to home.

R

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keith in zulu In is trading front ends with me! I’m stoked to get this new front end on my bike so I can install all of the parts I got for it! Will have to post some pics. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
52 Posts
if your still looking, I may be pulling mine off shortly, just shoot me an offer, and we can probably get them to you. I'm in MD, but I don't mind shipping either

1 - 9 of 9 Posts