Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am starting a nut and bolt restore of European version cx500t I picked up. It was laid down back in 2002. I am missing a few parts from it as they were discovered to be gone in he purchase.

Here is what I am looking for at this time.

1) the air cleaner assembly diagram is shown below with the missing parts circled in RED. Basically I need the complete REED box assembly along with the compete air cleaner assembly. If anyone has in there stash with no plans to use, please notify me. THanks.

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/... needed1/air cleaner assenbly_zpsoaspjygs.jpg

thanks in advance
john

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
John, I am sure I have all of the parts you are looking for except a new foam filter. I would plan to make one with the UNI parts that are shown on the other links. I will look in my air conditioned storage first, but may be a bit slow getting to my well heated storage buildings to look there. It is about a 110 degrees in those metal buildings and just not much fun trying to do a thorough search.

Ed

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, I am sure I have all of the parts you are looking for except a new foam filter. I would plan to make one with the UNI parts that are shown on the other links. I will look in my air conditioned storage first, but may be a bit slow getting to my well heated storage buildings to look there. It is about a 110 degrees in those metal buildings and just not much fun trying to do a thorough search.

Ed
Thanks Ed,

Please do not feel rushed. I am in the disassemble and carefully bag and tag stage.

There are about 60 subassemblies listed and I have got through the following dissassebly of ;

1) seat and rear cowl
2) tail light
3) rear brake assembly - twas sticking. now I can move the bike around easier
4) Windscreen assembly
5) Turn Signal
6) Fuel Tank assembly
7) rear fender assembly

This will be a relatively longer term project. Just tearing it down right now and making a list of any parts I need to obtain.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts