Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the part numbers for the HondaLine crash bar mounting hardware? The forum search engine is an exercise in frustration and time wasting. I tried to find the Thread...and with the archives toast...

Can anyone help me out?
searching the microfiche for part numbers is a dead end on accessory items.

these are the special extension studs which are threaded and bolt down the motor mounts with female thread in the stud that the flange of the crash bars then bolt down to... I don’t recall what all I am needing. They wrap around the heads and have three mount points, two on the front and one on the rear. Do I need new fasteners in all locations?

I currently have the motor out and the front hangars are still attached, the hangars did not want to slide off and having it attached for now makes moving the motor a little easier.
I am doing a refresh on the problem spots of the motor’s seals, quad bypass: timing chain and guide and tensioner, starter clutch parts, water pump and mechanical seals, checking oil pump chain, replace/upgrade stator & mosfet rect/reg, cdi replacement, etc...
while she’s torn down I should go head and strip her completely down to the frame and repaint the frame and give the bike a paint job... like many projects it has morphed into a monster. Need to do it so, I can start riding my 78 again and make it look good while I have it apart. That way insurance company won’t quibble if it is stolen or wrecked. They value cosmetics far more than operation when assessing value. Sweat equity for mechanical excellent means little if they pick it apart for cosmetics.
David
in the desert SW

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randall, Thank you sir!

South Sound Honda is not bringing them up as a valid part number. Could a number be missing?
Or, any zeros that might be expected but missing?
Or, am I out of luck now?

·
Super Moderator
4,189 Posts
If unable to source the special nut, possibly use a metric coupling nut and stud.

Reactions: Randall-in-Mpls

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Randall for showing me where the "watering hole" is located. Yeah, Amazon sellers will really bend you over sometime,better grab your ankles and...well you understand what I mean...
Yeah, little too graphic. Sorry.

Partzilla has them! Cool! So, I won't be facing gouging on shipping.
So, I can order them from there.

I haven't looked, do I need just two(2) of them or do I need four(4) of them?
Bike rolling frame is in back of shed blocked in the back of a 10*14 metal shed by my Vstrom and some other stuff and having the motor out elsewhere in a work area I am having trouble picturing it.

So, order a pair or four?

I will replace the other bolts with about 5 mm loner versions and get it bolted up when I finish the motor work and get bike back together.

Thank you again!

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking for the part numbers for the HondaLine crash bar mounting hardware? The forum search engine is an exercise in frustration and time wasting. I tried to find the Thread...and with the archives toast...

Can anyone help me out?
searching the microfiche for part numbers is a dead end on accessory items.

these are the special extension studs which are threaded and bolt down the motor mounts with female thread in the stud that the flange of the crash bars then bolt down to... I don’t recall what all I am needing. They wrap around the heads and have three mount points, two on the front and one on the rear. Do I need new fasteners in all locations?

I currently have the motor out and the front hangars are still attached, the hangars did not want to slide off and having it attached for now makes moving the motor a little easier.
I am doing a refresh on the problem spots of the motor’s seals, quad bypass: timing chain and guide and tensioner, starter clutch parts, water pump and mechanical seals, checking oil pump chain, replace/upgrade stator & mosfet rect/reg, cdi replacement, etc...
while she’s torn down I should go head and strip her completely down to the frame and repaint the frame and give the bike a paint job... like many projects it has morphed into a monster. Need to do it so, I can start riding my 78 again and make it look good while I have it apart. That way insurance company won’t quibble if it is stolen or wrecked. They value cosmetics far more than operation when assessing value. Sweat equity for mechanical excellent means little if they pick it apart for cosmetics.
David
in the desert SW
Are you still interested in the HondaLine crash bar mounting hardware??I have them for sale now,you can reach me on my email so I can show you the pictures of them ([email protected])

1 - 14 of 14 Posts