Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hows it going everyone? Hope all is well.
So I bought a Gl500 1982 some time ago, and well long story short had to put it to the side for a bit as didn't have time to fix it. Currently back at it.
Problem is I'm looking for some Gl500 intake mainfolds (mine are not fixable, actually one is missing and the other one was in terrible shape beyond saving. So was hoping to see if any one had any Gl500 intakes laying around that would be willing to sell.
If so please let me know, as i currently have the engine sitting but havent been able to put the carbs on because of this and would love to get it up and running to hopefully enjoy spring a bit.
Thanks every one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not sure if they will work but I have a set from my cx.
Thanks Antonio, yea as rscottp said they don't fit, i actually had a friend who handed me some cx mainfolds he had and well they didn't fit they cx carbs are a bit more spaced (160mm vs 100mm i believe I read somewhere). And thought of swapping the gl with cx carbs and intakes but Murray thinks they don’t fit, so didn’t try that idea out. But thanks a lot though

·
Super Moderator
5,657 Posts
I wonder if something like this could be made to work? 45 Degree Elbow

·
Super Moderator
5,657 Posts
I suspect that GGMDO may be in the US of A, in which case he won't have much luck finding CX500 Euro bits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah based in USA so getting some cx500E parts might be complicated, although its good to know that they do fit, will keep an eye out just in case I do find some. That would solve part of the bike problems. Thanks for that info really appreciate it.

I wonder if something like this could be made to work? 45 Degree Elbow
And also will look into that a bit, if I do end trying out that will let you guys know I guess maybe in a different post if it works out. Although first going to try to get the pieces and if not then ill try seeing other options. Will require i guess a bit of figuring out the angles to get it right and the distance maybe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.