Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

On the hunt for the spring pads 45108-410-006 as both my calipers are missing these along with 1 retainer clip 45112-415-006 and 2 shim pads 45114-371-006.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be grateful, it just seems every corner I turn with my new project I discover the lack of love the previous owner(s) have shown which is disappointing but I will keep trying to bring it back to life.

·
Registered
683 Posts
UK members will probably guide you....but if NLA (not available any longer via official channels) you can try ebay...search the part number Have bought NOS from many UK sellers..., David Silver Spares (UK) may have these or patterns as brake parts are shared over several models/bikes but all of which are bout 40years old now...
CSMNL is a option...who'll have them in stock but it will ship from Holland.
Searching the part number it seems widely available in the US..so maybe try DSS (UK) first...or UK ebay...this link is to a USA seller so not your first option

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks, fortunately got time on my hand so can scour the internet to my hearts content. Was just curious if anyone on here would have had spare bits lying around not doing much that I could’ve purloined for a small fee

Reactions: bahn88

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those sort of things always get mis-laid or inadvertently thrown out.. Car or bike, of any age..

·
Registered
683 Posts
Many thanks, fortunately got time on my hand so can scour the internet to my hearts content. Was just curious if anyone on here would have had spare bits lying around not doing much that I could’ve purloined for a small fee
always worth asking.....and as many parts are NLA often the kindness of forum members with parts has resulted in many CXs returning on the road....
Postage on international forums and domestically can be an issue tho.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
always worth asking.....and as many parts are NLA often the kindness of forum members with parts has resulted in many CXs returning on the road....
Postage on international forums and domestically can be an issue tho.....
I am sure by the time mines is in a running condition I will have a few “spare” bits too, perhaps for the next project or to help someone else out. Who know I will probably need the space 🤪

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well. Once I've finished building my spare engine R100, I have a few boxes of CX stuff I want shifted. I'ved had them for almost a decade now- every now and then putting my hands in but rarely using much, and unfortunately most are the usual commodities of the most common componants. But i'll have to make a list and let you know incase you want anything.... ?

Reactions: R100ELL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well. Once I've finished building my spare engine R100, I have a few boxes of CX stuff I want shifted. I'ved had them for almost a decade now- every now and then putting my hands in but rarely using much, and unfortunately most are the usual commodities of the most common componants. But i'll have to make a list and let you know incase you want anything.... ?
Thanks Blurredman

At the moment it just seems everything I take off or look at has something broken or missing. I am now at the point of no return, almost spent as much as I paid for the bike, or it will be once the panels & tank are painted. Heck, both tyres were 20 year old, front tyre was a equivalent to a 3.5 and back tyre was squared off and on backwards. I swear whoever had this bike before me must’ve been clinically blind 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ve just stripped the poor paint job off the wheels too, was thinking about polishing them up if it’s not too hard to do, just need to buy myself a buffer/polisher

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got a ton of stuff that I'm not using, can you let me know what part numbers correspond to the actual # on the diagram and I can get them to you for free at the cost of shipping.

I'm in Seattle.

-Ian

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got a ton of stuff that I'm not using, can you let me know what part numbers correspond to the actual # on the diagram and I can get them to you for free at the cost of shipping.

I'm in Seattle.

-Ian
Thanks for the kind offer Ian, my list is non-exhaustive as it seems everything on the bike that’s should move doesn’t. Just finished welding a nut onto what was supposed to be the oil filter bolt which some ham fisted buffoon must’ve went at it with a rubbish set of mole grips.(Apologies for the Britishness of my insult to the previous owners or their Neanderthal of a mechanic)

I now have all the brake parts thankfully however once I get it altogether I will probably discover more broken bits 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh man! Good luck!

I will be tearing into one of the two engines I have on my plate this weekend.

Ping me if there's anything you may need. I've got boxes full of stuff

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks for the kind offer Ian, my list is non-exhaustive as it seems everything on the bike that’s should move doesn’t. Just finished welding a nut onto what was supposed to be the oil filter bolt which some ham fisted buffoon must’ve went at it with a rubbish set of mole grips.(Apologies for the Britishness of my insult to the previous owners or their Neanderthal of a mechanic)
View attachment 204677
I now have all the brake parts thankfully however once I get it altogether I will probably discover more broken bits 🤣🤣🤣
The 12mm nut there originally was somewhat soft...after market versions (and maybe Honda as well if I recall) later replaced it with a 17mm.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
The 12mm nut there originally was somewhat soft...after market versions (and maybe Honda as well if I recall) later replaced it with a 17mm.
they not are very expensive either

·
Registered
967 Posts
Its not just a retaining bolt, definitely has some machining work in it. Many times when parts that are turned/machined they are made out of softer metal to aid in the machining process, 12L14 comes to mind. The L stands for lead and you could see why it would be softer. I don't know that this part is but it wouldn't be uncommon for it to be, or some equivalent.

·
Super Moderator
4,111 Posts
I believe that the only problem with the OEM oil filter bolt is when the wrong tool is used to remove it. Use a six point socket!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Or over torqued and left on to long and then using a twelve point wrench.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The originals are really crappy.. I've had to grind one off in the past, lucky I was able to get the 2nd off one engine, but a third in my box of bits I still have assembled to the front cover- Maybe i'll bother to grind that down, at some point.

Anyway, remanufactured ones (davidsilverspares) are a larger nut, and harder metal... I am thankful that they are made.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have got one of the new bolts now in my box full of new shiny bits from David Silver and some salvaged/reconditioned/new bits from good old eBay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts