Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while I was changing out my oil today and the dreaded bolt is suddenly loose feeling happened. Upon further inspection the drain plug hole cracked on both sides. I was wondering if anyone here had a transmission cover for sale. My bike is a 1980 CX500 Custom. Part number is 11360-449-000

·
Super Moderator
23,406 Posts
You can use the earlier 415 numbered cover too. The only difference between the 449 and 415 covers is the addition of a reinforcing rib across the front of the 449 cover.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
A bit o' TIG round the plug hole a possibility?
You (maybe) can then re-thread even if not a std drain plug....and go a magnetic plug (yeah I know aluminium isn't magnetic but cover all bases.....:p)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bit o' TIG round the plug hole a possibility?
You (maybe) can then re-thread even if not a std drain plug....and go a magnetic plug (yeah I know aluminium isn't magnetic but cover all bases.....)
it might be but i suck at welding. im gonna take it into a local shop and see what they have to say about it. i hope they can otherwise ill have to get a new one and powder coat it to match the rest of the engine

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Just a option...spares prices here are going up.
In the US you may find a cover at less than the TIG cost.
Good luck.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a option...spares prices here are going up.
In the US you may find a cover at less than the TIG cost.
Good luck.....
i found a cover on ebay for about $100 thats in not the best looking shape but im hoping its just dirty and i can just clean it off

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
(Maybe) Compare the TIG cost/forum help out?. $100US seems retail/wrecker(dismantler) price

·
Registered
1982 gl500
123 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E
2,000 Posts
If the border opens soon ,I have one you can have if your willing to come to Delta BC .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts