Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1980 cx500C
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Barry. I hail from the great state of Texas. I’ve been a long time follower of the forum. I’ve been blessed enough to own multiple CX500’s in various states over the years. Most were custom projects for my self and others. I really appreciate everyone’s dedication to these vintage machines and the wealth of knowledge on here. I’ve included a picture of my current CX500 build. It’s a scrambler dual sport style build. Custom subframe, exhaust, and gauges. Lots of work left to do, but it’s coming along.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

· Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum Barry. You are correct, this forum is a wealth of info for these marques.

Good luck on your build,

Cheers 🍻

· Registered
1980 cx500C
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Danroy is right, they are the Kenda Big Block 100/90 19 front and 140/90 16 rear. The biggest knobbies I could find that would fit without binding on the Swingarm. There’s some clearance back there but not much, it would really suck to get a flat on that rear tire. Surprisingly the front one clears the factory front fender (shortened obviously) no problem.

· Registered
1980 cx500C
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are some more recent pics of the build. Tank paint and possibly the tank itself are temporary. Just wanted to see it all put together for once. I got this bike fully disassembled down to the last bolt. So to see it finally pieced together and on wheels is a pretty good feeling.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts