Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Benelli Leoncino - 2017 CSC RX3 - 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i - 1979 CX650 Street Scrambler
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm terrible at photoshop. I need a logo for the top of the board. It must be 500 x 100 pixels and contain the text "Honda CX500 and GL500 Forum". While I'm sure you'd all create something out of support for this forum, you guys donated a ton of cash to keep it afloat already, and so I'm going to sweeten the deal by offering a prize! The winner gets a set of paper gaskets - front cover, rear cover, clutch cover, and timing cover.

Entries accepted until September 1st. I'll pick the five finalists and then allow the forum to vote on which one to use. Post your logo entries in this thread!

Charles.

·
Super Moderator
15,409 Posts
What about color. The header is blue of some sort and probably quickly changed but I don't think solid red is going to work.

·
Administrator
2021 Benelli Leoncino - 2017 CSC RX3 - 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i - 1979 CX650 Street Scrambler
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, forgot to mention. Please make the images PNG files, not JPG, and also the winning entry becomes mine to do with as I please (ie: I might use it on t-shirts and patches)

Charles.

·
Super Moderator
15,409 Posts
Makes sense to me. Think bumper sticker size at a reasonable dpi and then crop it down. Remember if you use pictures they are going to have to be of a larger size so it can be reproduced and not look like crap. Vector would probably be the best but I know how people like their pictures.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you use pictures it should probably be pictures that you have the legal right to use as well...don't want any issues further down the road.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
What about color. The header is blue of some sort and probably quickly changed but I don't think solid red is going to work.

Quite true, being at opposite ends of the visual spectra the eyes have trouble focusing on Red and Blue at the same time. Try printing simple pure red text on a pure blue background or vice-versa then see how difficult it is to focus on and read.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Handy link to practice with, I've used this for a lot of things and the caabilities are endless. It only generates text but about any way you can imagine and then some:

http://cooltext.com/

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm just a bit slighted that no gl650 is required in the title.
Oh will there be T-shirts available with the logo on it. That would help identify each other at the big rallies.

Well I just wrecked my monitor as I pulled out my markers and started drawing my idea on the monitor. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Well I just wrecked my monitor as I pulled out my markers and started drawing my idea on the monitor.

You do that all the time anyway....what's the problem? LOL J/K!

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Just no using any white-out to fix it!!

damn my wife must of gotten on here and told me secrets to you dakota o well as long as you promise not to tell any one also

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like #3 in white, thanks to MikeT307. A little bit of engine looks cool, after all it's prob the most talked about piece of these babies.

+1

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like #3 in white, thanks to MikeT307. A little bit of engine looks cool, after all it's prob the most talked about piece of these babies.

+1

Thanks bear! #3 is my fav also. I'll probably throw together a couple more but I'm kinda disappointed that the ones I've posted are the only ones to choose from at this point. I little friendly competition would certainly be welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2,851 Posts
The logos are nice, but it makes it look like the site only caters to 500 sized bikes. Just a thought.

How about a shadow image of a CX on one side and a GL on the other? Then center the words.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts