Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
This is probably a silly question to most of you, but what is the lock position on the ignition used for?

Thanks.
hi Stubby,

never tried it on my bikes,but it used to lock the forks,kinda bad security

ill add,it locked the forks on the righthand lock

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
it locks the wheel turned either left or right so they can't push it straight, so they have to break the lock or pick the bike up to steal it, or line the trailer up so when the bike turns it goes on the trailer. Better theft protection than nothing, but usually a bike means don't mess with it, because a biker rides it, and we don't have the kindest reputation.....

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
I don't like locking it because it like to get stuck and it's turned. Someone modded their frame I believe to make it able to lock facing straight on. I believe all that was needed was a little divit on the head stock.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Stubby,

You have to push down on the key to lock the steering and it must be at the furthest turned position, on the stopper, either right or left.

If you have not used it in a while, it may be a little sticky. To unlock, you must pull on the key to lift the lock out of its position.

If you turn it left past this position, you will put it in park mode and the rear brake light will stay on, in case of emergency parking in a place where you need to be seen. Best have LEDs for extended parking light use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.