Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1979 honda cx500C the rear signals where off, so I took the fronts off and put cat eye signals on the bike and now the the turn signals don't work Im thinking it's the relay but, I don't know where it's located. I know they're wired right they're just not flashing

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I bought a 1979 honda cx500C the rear signals where off, so I took the fronts off and put cat eye signals on the bike and now the the turn signals don't work Im thinking it's the relay but, I don't know where it's located. I know they're wired right they're just not flashing

Mathew

Welcome to the forum.

By chance are these new cat eye signals LEDs? If they are they probably do not draw enough current to trigger the manual flasher.

EDIT:::: Here's a thread that might help: http://cx500forum.com/index.php?/topic/8229-so-im-converting-my-signals-to-leds/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mathew

Welcome to the forum.

By chance are these new cat eye signals LEDs? If they are they probably do not draw enough current to trigger the manual flasher.

I did buy LEDs than I found out that I would have to buy an eq. for them and it would get hot and melt stuff so I went back and bought single filament bulb lights. The front are double filament, when I turn the key on the front running light come on and when I use the turn signal they go off and rear does not blink either???????????????

·
Registered
256 Posts
I switch front and back with LED's. Simple solution is to just switch your relay to one that's made for LED's (and you can also find one's that have adjustable blinker speed). And the relays are probably cheaper than the actual lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts