Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Two Pics....the first is a pic of my 650E with a slipstreamer fairing, as placed by the previous owner. The angle of attack has been reduced. I need to "straighten" the angle of the windshield to match the front fork angle. The windshield works well, but will be better when it's more upright. If you're considering commuting, you will want the protection, especially when moving in the rain. I've also found the Oxford all weather side bags useful, although I'd rather have hard bags...always something to consider...

This is really what I'm looking for ...more of a sport touring look. I believe this is a "Pichler" fairing, made originally in Germany. Tough to find this ones now.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Littletrike2...if you ever hear of a Pichler or similar fairing available for the CX bikes, PLEASE let me know.

Tensleep... the CX 650E came with a "bikini" fairing from the factory. I believe Honda's CBR 900's used the same fairing. It was little more than an aerodynamic and stylized attempt about the rectangular headlight to cut airflow, plus provide a supposed weather proof environment for your dash instruments. That was it! The original bikini fairing was fitted with a small smoked acrylic plastic piece on the top that had the appearance of a very mini windshield. It wasn't a windshield. SEE FIRST PIC BELOW. My previous owner either broke that piece of plastic or didn't like the look, and instead taped in a thin white flexible piece of plastic to conform to the shape of the fairing. It doesn't look good and is something I'll look forward to changing when and if I ever elect to repaint.

What the previous owner did do that I like is the installation of that windshield. As I said earlier, I just need to obtain longer support arms inorder to "push" the windshield forward a bit. It doesn't look too bad, but maybe the black piece of moulding along the bottom of the windshield would be better suited if it was white.

My bike below

Other fairings....the one immediately below is on a honda sabre

Another fairing

·
Registered
837 Posts
Littletrike2:

Thanks. Where in PA are you....Altoona, Harrisburg, Gettysberg area? I'm hoping to actually ride my bike to NC later this year, September'ish, and I do go through Harrisburg.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Tjjck:

Thanks for the Kijiji posting. This seller was originally asking $200 for the Turbo fairing - about 2 weeks ago. I was following it but gave up based on the asking price. I know these fairings are rare, but he's dropped to $150. Hummm....maybe he'd take $100? It's been raining in Toronto for the last 4 days. Motorcycling is probably last on everyone's mind. Maybe a phone call might snag this for $100????

·
Registered
837 Posts
Johnny,

I thought I put an answer to your question as to where I'm located last night. But looks like it didn't get into computer??? Maybe I was asleep at the key board again!

Located 25 miles south of Harrisburg in York,PA. Very close to the HD assembly plant on Rt.30. You probably come down I-81s most times to get to Harrisburg/Gettysburg, right?? Maybe going to G-burg another way is needed so you can ride some nice roads to get there.

Get an e-mail to me when your coming down this way...maybe meet for breakfast near I-83/HD.

LT2

OK...will do. I've looked at the map and I 83 can work for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.