Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I learned myself a valuable lesson the other day. I did some maintenance on my bike Monday and Tuesday. I changed the fork seals on my parts bike and then installed them on my daily rider. I also changed the oil and the brake pads. All of this turned out to be rather messy. The lesson I learned: don't where your favorite (and best pair) of jeans when wrenching on the bike. I managed to get fork oil, motor oil, grease and dirt all over my favorite pair of jeans. My daughter pre-treated them with shout and some other stain remover before washing them. Guess what, they're all stained up now. lol.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Stubby,if you have one,work a pressure washer into them,or take them to the local garage.i love pressure washers

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stubby,if you have one,work a pressure washer into them,or take them to the local garage.i love pressure washers

Thanks Bandit, that's a great idea. The stuff my daughter used got most of it out, but there are still a few obvious spots of oil and grime. My wife told me to let them air dry, as using the dryer would set the stains in for good. Hopefully the pressure washer will do the trick.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Very common problem. I kick myself every time I do it. My biggest problem is my pockets. I always have to reach in and grab something. Keys, knife, pen... Almost need a pocket protector.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Thanks Bandit, that's a great idea. The stuff my daughter used got most of it out, but there are still a few obvious spots of oil and grime. My wife told me to let them air dry, as using the dryer would set the stains in for good. Hopefully the pressure washer will do the trick.
,Stubby, some garages have the hot pressure washers.take a spray degreaser with you,lay them down,spray,play and pray.iv done it loads of times.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
There's a place here buying and reselling pre owned work clothes. I can get flame retardent lightweight nomex jumpsuits all sizes 15$.... I bought the first one in bright orange... figured I could work ...and ride in it... bad idea
, same color as Orleans Parish Prison Inmate Uniform.

I got another which I suppose came from an oil sield service Co. "Schlumberger" as it's their blue color and a patch about the size of their logo was removed. A nice lightly prestained work suit W 3m reflective stripes at a reasonable price I actually use... ocassionally.

A little TJ but my biggest problem ruining my clothes while wrenching... is answering the derned cell phone buzzing in one of my too many pockets with greasy fingers...

At least ZZ top's blue jean blue's could be my anthem...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I guess we all go through it if my wife dont catch me and tell me to change she gets upset cause i ruined another pair i always say they are not ruined there well used i will wear them till they are so bad even i wanna toss them out then i use them as rags just to keep em around longer hahahaha

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Sorry Stubby... guys. gals... it's a dirty filthy pastime addiction, those ole bikes...

Maybe this will cheer y'all up

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYjSiXutRWA[/media]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.