Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to adjust the carb needles today because after my pod filter/straight pipes install last month I rejetted to 90/125 but only did 2 1/2 turns out on the needles and was running a little lean. So I did 3 full turns out and took it for a spin for about 15 minutes, got back and removed the plugs and the left one was black and the right one was brown/tan. Is that adjustment just as simple as turning in the left needle a quarter turn to balance it out? I'm curious as to why one needle would need to be 2 3/4 and the other is okay at 3. The bike seems to run good regardless. I'm just wondering if this is a normal thing to have the needles at different turns from one another or should they both be at the same turns out? Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
It's roughly as simple as turning a needle as long as the right jets are in.

The reason for each side to be different is they are two different carbs and two different jugs. If either is dirty, less compression, some sort of restriction or other they will be different.

It's best to adjust by ear unless you have a gauge.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's roughly as simple as turning a needle as long as the right jets are in.

The reason for each side to be different is they are two different carbs and two different jugs. If either is dirty, less compression, some sort of restriction or other they will be different.

It's best to adjust by ear unless you have a gauge.
I'm surethe right jets are in. I'll just fine tune the left side. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.