Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CX650C directional upgrade

hi folks,

just wanted to share an addition I made to the Honda this morning. Replaced my very tired and UV damaged rear directionals with a safer solution. The swap added both taillights and brake lights to the mix and were a cinch to install. Of course they didn’t come with any instructions but it didn’t take long to sort out. I will be installing the fronts as well that came as a matching set front & rear for $32 shipped to my door. Time will tell the tale for longevity and I already have the LED flasher relay if I want to slow it down a bit..but I kinda like the increased flash rate. I left a link in the you tube vid in case anyone wanted to try them.. I must admit I’m a little taken a back with the brightness - really close to the factory tail and brake light so they aren’t obnoxious ..not necessarily a big fan of the smoke lenses but that was the only option I found and it really doesn’t look that bad with the black paint. Plenty of wire length for the rear and they came with the same male style plug in adapter that Honda used at the factory, which made it plug n play for the directional wiring. You’ll need to figure out how you want to splice the taillight wiring and brake light wires as well..but plenty of length for the rear wires at least..we’ll see what the front brings for efforts. But they bolted on to the factory Location with out issue and used the same 17mm nut size for retention. I’ll get some pics of them mounted this weekend so ya’ll can get a truer understanding of how they look on the bike from multiple angles. Hope it helps anyone looking for a safer solution for your bikes..

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
The video is nice but

And a link to the ones you used wouldn't hurt either...

BTW (its hard to tell from the video): Are those signals amber or red?
For reference, amber brake lights are not legal anywhere and red signals are not legal in most places (except the US).

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
I asked because the signals appear to be coming on with the brake lights and (probably due to the camera's automatic compensation) I can't see any difference in colour between them.

BTW: The longer you are on the forum the more you'll understand how much we love seeing pics here ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol Yes there are three separate lighting features in them red tail (halo led ring pic above w/weird pic orientation?? ) red brake (halo led ring) and amber directional (center of the lenses) - they are bright which I believe is what’s messing w/the phone filter

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
Sounds very good.

Yeah, taking pictures of lights is difficult with any kind of photography but even harder with digital when the camera's software tries to compensate. I remember someone on one of the forums replacing his halogen driving lights with LED ones and showing pics looking at the front of the sidecar outfit and showing the lights shining on road ahead. From the pics of the road ahead it was obvious that the LEDs were producing more light but in the pics from the front the halogens looked brighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts