Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few threads that touched base on this idea but I didn't see an answer to this particular question so...



I'm installing "missle switches" on my GL500 (naked) which I will have control various LED lights around the bike, oil slick release valves and road spike release comparments and was wondering the best way to go about it all.



Specifically what would be best to use as a splitter for multiple switches. I want to run the power from the battery to the splitter, which will run to the "missle switches" and then down to the LED / Oil Slick / Spike mechanisms. The wiring is easy cake but what would be best to use as the splitter? I've searched high and low on eBay / Amazon but haven't found anything other than cigarette adapter splitters. Has anyone attempted something like this here?



And I am only *half* joking about the oil slick / spikes. If I can get it to work I'll do it. I'm going road warrior style conversion and as over-the-top as I can think of. Flat black paint, intentional dents / wear, spikes all around the back luggage compartment, army box bags, talon claws off the side covers, spiked headlight cover. Should turn out...umm....interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
I've seen a few threads that touched base on this idea but I didn't see an answer to this particular question so...



I'm installing "missle switches" on my GL500 (naked) which I will have control various LED lights around the bike, oil slick release valves and road spike release comparments and was wondering the best way to go about it all.



Specifically what would be best to use as a splitter for multiple switches. I want to run the power from the battery to the splitter, which will run to the "missle switches" and then down to the LED / Oil Slick / Spike mechanisms. The wiring is easy cake but what would be best to use as the splitter? I've searched high and low on eBay / Amazon but haven't found anything other than cigarette adapter splitters. Has anyone attempted something like this here?



And I am only *half* joking about the oil slick / spikes. If I can get it to work I'll do it. I'm going road warrior style conversion and as over-the-top as I can think of. Flat black paint, intentional dents / wear, spikes all around the back luggage compartment, army box bags, talon claws off the side covers, spiked headlight cover. Should turn out...umm....interesting.
Are you trying to get sent to prison for intentional manslaughter? Not to mention you'll probably run yourself into a ditch trying to run all that.



All that aside, I think what you are looking for is a simple wiring block. Don't kill anyone out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you trying to get sent to prison for intentional manslaughter? Not to mention you'll probably run yourself into a ditch trying to run all that.



All that aside, I think what you are looking for is a simple wiring block. Don't kill anyone out there.


Hahaha, it's more for my amusement and for show than anything else. Not that I'd ever REALLY lay oil down on purpose...unless being chased by the cops! Just kidding. ;-)



In my area 90% of riders just have shiny, new Harleys that look like they spend more time buffing than riding. The other 10% are crotch rocker riders. I am going for the exact opposite...something to...umm...scare the locals, ha!



On topic, any recommendations for the wiring block that would be fitting for a bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,223 Posts
Good Luck and dont forget to post some pics.



I contemplayed doing something similar on my bike, but the mounting bracket assemble for the Hellfires turned out to be too complicated, plus the stupid HUD would vibrate too much to get a proper target lock :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm...maybe I should convert my "kill switch" into something a bit more functional....something more relevant to the actual name of the switch, hehehe.



My paint job will be done by next week and I just ordered a few spike sets last night. Debating on painting the headlight casing black as well so the chrome spiked headlight cover will stick out more. Then have to install the LED system. Pics should be up next week or so.
 

·
Registered
1980 Honda CX500C
Joined
·
307 Posts
Dont forget to make a hide-away plate!!



And i could see the advantage to spikes.....if someone was chasing you trying to run you off the road, instant defense!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top