Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Fairly new at this. Apologies in advance if im pointing out the wrong part /description / problem.
Any way just above the cranckcase breather is a bolt with a gap and oil leak. Initially I thought it came from the bottle crankcase breather. Replaced the O-ring and found that the oil is leaking from a bolt just above it.

View attachment 35413 View attachment 35413

Not sure if it is obvious on the photo but the bolt doesn't seem to be seated properly. Looked at some pics online and it looks like it is where the cam chain tensioner should be. Didn't want to tighten it without some expert advice. Also have this ominous feeling that this may be a more complicated fix.

Would appreciate any help from the masters here.

Thanks is advance

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CXPHREAK. I just bought a prototype raesan unit a month ago that I substitute with the stock CDI. It does come with a hall effect kit that I will have to install down the road. I'll just go ahead and fix install the o ring then. I'd hate to start another thread in here by then so for the purpose of being sure I cover all my bases may I ask what the part description and what parts I need and should replace while I am already in there?

Truly appreciate the help sir. Have a good day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.