Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this time of the year i think we are all depressed over the close of the riding season. I'm just planning on what to do with my 650 C over the winter. I know i'm going to repaint.. the original burgandy spent 10 years in the Las Vegas sun and needs attn... i want to change in to a candy apple red i got new tank decals from Honda $35 and had new 650 custom decals made for the rear plastic... i know a really good upolstry guy that is going to repop the original seat for me... the cover thats on it now was a rather shoddy job. Hopefully next spring a few of us could meet somewhere around and go for a ride... find a central location to meet anyone with any input just drop a line on here. i'd be glad to hear from anyone around the area Good Ring! Mike

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
you know i feel bad for you guys that have to stop riding in the winter months unlike a handful of us on here that can ride 365.........all of us from arizona and a couple from las vegas....

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
I feel sorry for you guys not having any down time to fix your bikes. Sure I miss riding for 4 ish months but I got other stuff to do when it's cold. Maybe build another trailer. lol.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hey my down time is when there is ice on the ground......other than that i work on my bike at night..... and whats real funny in december i am like the only bike on the road hell it seems that when it gets in the 30's everyone that rides is in a cage......wimps

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
At this time of the year i think we are all depressed over the close of the riding season. I'm just planning on what to do with my 650 C over the winter. I know i'm going to repaint.. the original burgandy spent 10 years in the Las Vegas sun and needs attn... i want to change in to a candy apple red i got new tank decals from Honda $35 and had new 650 custom decals made for the rear plastic... i know a really good upolstry guy that is going to repop the original seat for me... the cover thats on it now was a rather shoddy job. Hopefully next spring a few of us could meet somewhere around and go for a ride... find a central location to meet anyone with any input just drop a line on here. i'd be glad to hear from anyone around the area Good Ring! Mike
Sidecar Bob would be ashamed of you guys.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Sidecar Bob would be ashamed of you guys.

Sidecar Bob probably doesn't have to worry about being ticketed for having a vehicle that needs to be move every time the plow comes in to the apartment complex. If I'm at work with the truck I get one warning and then the tickets come. $25 a pop. When they actually plow they do it every 4 hours. The second part would be having a bike turned into a snowbank because the idiot that plows will box you in and hit it as hard as possible. One morning I went out to my truck to find snow banks pushed up in front and on the drivers side of it. The other two sides had natural snowbanks for being at the edge of the parking lot.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

Was thinking about Iowa for next year, depending on how used to everything I am. If I don't feel comfortable on the expressways, I won't force it. However, one of our customers is John Deere, and I got a free hat from the one rep- told him I might make it over that way sometime on the bike.... and I just might....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sidecar Bob probably doesn't have to worry about being ticketed for having a vehicle that needs to be move every time the plow comes in to the apartment complex.

Tickets on private property?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Sometimes apts have contracts with plow companies, and it's in the fine print when you sign the contract that they will plow, and you must move your vehicle or it will be ticketed. Just glad that it's ticketed and not towed......

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
I've dealt with this in two of the four apartments I have lived in. One said all vehicles have to be moved by 9am between mid november and april. The rental places owner would pay his dad to go around and issue tickets in the morning before the plow came. It was dumb.

I'm not sure if this place i'm at now really enforces it or not. Nobody has complained about me working on my vehicles in the parking lot or me just throwing an extension cord out the door to cut down the plywood for the trailer. I was courteous and waited for all the damn ducks to leave since the neighbor was hand feeding them.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Beautiful Paint Dakota!!! I also am planning my spring/early summer trip since we're forced to use our vacation time next year and am thinking Iowa is in my top ten of places to head.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know much outside MI, hence the travelling, I'll have to look at that. I'd like to avoid chicago traffic and stick to all back country roads when possible.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know much outside MI, hence the travelling, I'll have to look at that. I'd like to avoid chicago traffic and stick to all back country roads when possible.

Well if you want to avoid chicago traffic the only thing I can say is enter the city around 7pm. On my last michigan trip we took old Lansing road out of town toward Hastings and then took the road that goes to Kalamazoo. After that we took red arrow highway all the way to the border and jumped back and forth off 12 and 20 which directed us right into chicago with no traffic till we lost our route and got stuck on 94/90. Then it was a stand still. We stopped by a friends and took off again after 7pm for a straight shot to Milwaukee.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I can navigate Chicago traffic really well in my cage. More or less it's come down to attitude a few times- but it's not something I want to try on the bike. We have some property maybe 50 miles away from the Iowa border, and I'd like to take the bike out there for a ride next year. The more I ride and get comfortable, the more I think about riding. Vicious cycle.....

and thanks, Crsh! I love the paint too! It really makes my bike stand out in a crowd!

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
I can navigate Chicago traffic really well in my cage. More or less it's come down to attitude a few times- but it's not something I want to try on the bike. We have some property maybe 50 miles away from the Iowa border, and I'd like to take the bike out there for a ride next year. The more I ride and get comfortable, the more I think about riding. Vicious cycle.....

and thanks, Crsh! I love the paint too! It really makes my bike stand out in a crowd!

Come on it's not that bad on a bike. You will have to come out for Mods and Rockers next June. I think it's going to be on the 18th. I'm hoping we can plan our Denver trip to leave around june 4th and roll into chicago the night before mods. That' would be sweet.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Beautiful Paint Dakota!!! I also am planning my spring/early summer trip since we're forced to use our vacation time next year and am thinking Iowa is in my top ten of places to head.

You may want to consider going to the BMW Iowa rally as it is the 2nd weekend of June.

Where else are you going to get two dinner meals, three nights of camping and bands and free 24 hour beer for $40.

Also there are some neat places to visit as the Iowa Rally is held at Middle Amana. Not too many exciting roads, but it is a good rally.

Also the 1st weekend of June there is the Hiawatha Rally at money Creek, MN. It isn't quite as nice a rally, but it does have plenty of great roads to ride in southern, MN.

It has 3 nights of camping, one dinner meal on Saturday and one night with a band and one night of motorcycle movies.

At both rallies, sitting around the campfires at night and talking motorcycling is the rule of thumb that is followed.

As spring approaches I will post more about these rallies. A rally within a rally has been held by other groups, so why not us???

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Come on it's not that bad on a bike. You will have to come out for Mods and Rockers next June. I think it's going to be on the 18th. I'm hoping we can plan our Denver trip to leave around june 4th and roll into chicago the night before mods. That' would be sweet.

We'll see how comfortable I am with negotiating traffic on the bike by then.... I'm still new enough to riding in traffic that I wouldn't even dream of Chicago on a bike yet... LOL.... going through Joliet was enough for me

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
We'll see how comfortable I am with negotiating traffic on the bike by then.... I'm still new enough to riding in traffic that I wouldn't even dream of Chicago on a bike yet... LOL.... going through Joliet was enough for me

They say riding a bike is sort like which baseball team you would cheer for! Either you are a Dodger or an Angel.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts