Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since joining the forum I have read of Larrys magical work with the CX/GL carbs and am wondering if he still offers his cleaning services. I tried private messaging but did not receive a response, is there another way that people contact him for this service?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Since joining the forum I have read of Larrys magical work with the CX/GL carbs and am wondering if he still offers his cleaning services. I tried private messaging but did not receive a response, is there another way that people contact him for this service?
Yes, Larry is still rebuilding carbs ... but the other day when I talked to him he said he was extremely busy and was averaging 6-8 PMs per day, plus his email and trying to finish painting his GL500I that he will be selling. He has had three bikes in his garage in the past week for what ended up being more than just a minor tune-up.

Finally, since the earthquake in Japan, part are getting scarce

Not only that ... but he has a family to tend to like he should.

The only reason I have posted this is so Larry can come along and save time saying "Yeah, that's right" and save a few more minutes t do other things ... like getting to your PMs that he has stacked up.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Well i'm not Larry but I'll come along and say he's stacked up. He will be painting in the morning regardless. I got the big update from him earlier and the list of work he has done in the last two weeks is just crazy. And yes I contributed to the mess by having him paint some side panels for the supertanker.

I'll send him a link to the post just so he gets it.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Thanks guys for stepping in for me. Yes I have been very busy lately. I clean out the PM's every two weeks because it fills up so fast. If I clean it down to 20%, it fills up to near capacity in a couple weeks.

Roooben,

I'm sorry I missed replying to yours. I really thought I did. I would be glad to help you with the carbs to fix the hard starting issues. It's common with a set that needs to be cleaned out. As Dave has said though, the tsunami in Japan caused a lot of panic. People bought up all the ACV valves from my supplier. They are supposed to have them in stock in a couple weeks since the plant wasn't effected over there. The 80 and up CX/GL ACV valves are the ones I don't have right now. I'm going to try to find a few sets elsewhere today. As it is I'm going to have to take the ones out of my CX500 project bike to take care of Motor Hippie when he gets here in a few days.

If your not riding the bike right now your welcome to send them so I can have them ready when the acv valves get here.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
OK, I just found some valves. Had to pay top dollar for them though. I will have 3 sets available by tomorrow if you want to do your carbs.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
If you are asking for your 650, the cost is $275. But since you are in Canada there will be shipping on that too. Any set I do gets balanced and test run on one of my bikes too. So all you'll need to do is install them, set the idle speed and go ride. PM me if your interested. I do have parts for the 650's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Make damn sure your tank is clean, because as Larry can tell ya, it doesn't matter how well he builds the carbs that if shit is getting into the line IT WILL need torn down again. I think that I may have wasted some of Larry's time by not checking the fuel source before installing the fresh carbs. He does a hell of a good job on the rebuilds, but cannot controll what's flowing into them.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Thank you Brewmaster.

Case in point. I just RECLEANED a set of carbs for a member that thought his tank was clean. I pulled bit's of rust and crud out of the needles and fuel rail that got in there and wouldn't let the needles shut off the fuel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 for Larry's work. Sent him mine that I had rescued from abandonment. Definitely worth every dollar.

Thanks Larry! I appreciate your work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.