Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,362 Posts
As a lot of you have been following Jesse (atomic goose ) on his meandering journey

http://cx500forum.com/forum/travelling-friends-trips/86170-cross-country-trip.html

you know that he recently got some HUGE help from Larry

prior to jesse getting there i called larry and gave him a bit of a head up on what i needed to be done

and told larry that i would be happy to pay for it on Jesse's behalf for what ever he could not

Larry thanked me and said it would be ok

well close to three full days later plus a set of carbs a bunch of parts and god know what else

so when it was all over i again offered to help as it did cost larry time and STUFF

this time he said its not necessary and i can under stand and respect that

BUT then i noticed in the pictures how happy larry looked sitting on his throne (lol) eating that pizza

so i thought to myself well if he wont let me or anyone else that has offered to chip in CHIP IN

then maybe i will buy him some pizza

then i thought maybe you guys might want to but him some pizza for helping out to

if you do you can use this and no one can turn down pizza you know

Larry you are the man thanks for being here and helping out

click on the link to buy pizza

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bizarre. How much can a pizza cost in California? Trying to make amends on others' dime? :confused:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
What a great idea! I've been trying to think of a way to help reimburse Larry for all the help he gave Jesse.......and if pizza helps, I'll help buy pizza. Your link works fine, BTW.

Murray, you deserve some pizza too, for all you did for Jesse on the eastern leg of his journey.......

·
Registered
121 Posts
Done!

Many thanks to this community and their generosity of time and knowledge.

$5 bucks is a drop in the bucket compared to lost time and heartache when up Shit creek.

FYI. Pizza in NorCal can be up to $32 for a large deep dish from Zachary's

one of my old favorites before my diet... 4.5 stars on yelp with over 3K reviews

Hope we can raise enough for Murray to get a pizza for himself as well..

·
Registered
473 Posts
Glad to chip in and help out.

Reading Larry's write up of all that needed to be done for the bike and the safety of it's rider........I'm just glad he made it safely as far as it did.

I'm sure he has a decent bike now.

Murray......thanks for putting up the link to 'Buy Larry a Pizza'!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been watching as he (Jesse) traveled and I am SO glad he didn't have more problems. Thanks to Larry, Murray and several people in between. Enjoy the pizza.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Done.
As your resident non-meat-partaker, please consider a vegetable topping.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
I don't even know what to say except that you Murray. It's quit humbling to say the least! As I said in Jesse's thread, I was well paid back when I saw his smiles and heard him laughing after his first test ride.
When I get the pizza I'll post a picture of it. Thank you to all of you that have pitched in. This recognition is another one of those "PRICELESS" moments in life.

Larry

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
"It ain't the pizza, it's the cost to deliver it hot from the east coast."
I wanna ride shotgun on THAT trip!!! WHOOOEEE!

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
LOL, OK, you got it.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I would think that Larry , being the unsurpassed handy man and technical fundi that he is , would have a fullproof recipe to build and bake his own wood fired pizza and that we should contribute and try to pay up to really cover the expenses he put into his time and experience and spares , to help others in such a unselfish manner.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Holy hell, Murray, thanks for setting this up. Larry (and you) majorly deserve this for all the help you've given to me and others, and as I'm sure most of you can guess, I can't afford to pay Larry anything near full value for the help he gave me, so thank you to anyone who hits Larry with some pizza. I really, really appreciate all the support I've gotten on this trip, from Larry, Murray, and others.

·
Registered
24,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
izak larry did this out of the goodness of his heart and joy of seeing jesse 's smile

he does not want us to repay him i and other's tried

so we will respect that and send him "PIZZA"

and make no mention of money evermore.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Understood, Murray :D Larry deserves the highest respect. ( I still suspect that he also has the skills to make and bake a mean pizza that will make the Italians envious? ) LOL.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
izak larry did this out of the goodness of his heart and joy of seeing jesse 's smile

he does not want us to repay him i and other's tried

so we will respect that and send him "PIZZA"

and make no mention of money evermore.
Yeah, otherwise the LEO will be haunting *us* thinking it's a prostitution ring.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
BTW, I have not had too much time to fully read your thread, Jesse, but I must say here (if I didn't see it yet), that this venture of yours reminds me a lot of Jeremy's to Argentina.

Your "gift" of writing code to allow us to see the PhotoBucket imprisoned pictures again is worth a ton. It could be lucrative should you desire.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts