Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced/switched the key cylinder to an aftermarket version. Changing up my gauges and the factory one won't work.

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
I have a CT70 repro (cheap on eBay) on the GoldWing and one made for a CMX250 (Rebel) on the CX that was part of a lock set (including a fuel cap that I needed to replace).
I believe others have done similar....

You're talking about replacing the whole keyswitch, not just the cylinder that the key goes into, right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a CT70 repro (cheap on eBay) on the GoldWing and one made for a CMX250 (Rebel) on the CX that was part of a lock set (including a fuel cap that I needed to replace).
I believe others have done similar....

You're talking about replacing the whole keyswitch, not just the cylinder that the key goes into, right?
Yeah, previous owner can't find the key. $100 at the locksmith. Plus I plan on changing the gauges, because they are shot.

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
If you aren't worried about keeping it original I'd recommend searching eBay for a CMX250 lock set so you can have one key for the ignition and the gas cap (and have a new cap while you're at it). Don't forget to tell eBay Price + shipping - lowest first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts