Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I moved to the Fort Knox/Louisville area last year and I was wondering if there are many Kentucky CX riders on here. Over the past year, I have only seen and talked to one other CX rider.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Army, I don't know about Ky CX riders, there are or were several in the middle Tn area. Sooner or later they should show up! In your avatar those bars look like about 18 inch risers! A long, long time ago, in another world I had a 500cc Trimuph twin and I had 14 inch risers and I found that they were not comfortable on any trip over 20 miles! However during the time I had them on that bike I did run in a woods scramble, just about killed myself! My grandson got out of the Army back last summer, medic from Ft. Polk.

Gene

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Army, I don't know about Ky CX riders, there are or were several in the middle Tn area. Sooner or later they should show up! In your avatar those bars look like about 18 inch risers! A long, long time ago, in another world I had a 500cc Trimuph twin and I had 14 inch risers and I found that they were not comfortable on any trip over 20 miles! However during the time I had them on that bike I did run in a woods scramble, just about killed myself! My grandson got out of the Army back last summer, medic from Ft. Polk.

Gene

Gene,

Yes my bars are 18" and I actually find them to be very comfortable because I have long arms and they allow me to "stretch out". Just today, I removed my rear shocks and put on some 10" rigid struts that I made. I also had to take a little more than 3" out of my kickstand in order for the thing to sit properly when parked. Once I get the reat fender cut and side tail light mounted, I will post a picture or two of the recent transformation.

Paul

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Army, my wife and I aren't too far. We live just north of Evansville, IN. We have GL500s. If anyone in your area is looking for another CX, there is one in Evansville on Craigslist for 900 obo. It was just posted today. Couldn't tell much about it because the picture was bad, but he posted a phone number. Here is a link to the post.

http://evansville.craigslist.org/mcy/2283933763.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.