Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there's at least one CX on the the Kenai Peninsula. Only it's got a cold and puking coolant from the pump so probably won't get back on the road until spring. Anyone else around?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do have friends in Nikiski, does that count? ----- Probably not, they all act like typical North Roaders.

I have seen a few other CX & GL500's in Anchorage, but not many. And there is another forum member in Wasilla. Far as I know, we're the only Alaskans around here. Perhaps we should go for a ride together.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm the one up around Wasilla, actually closer to Houston. I saw a rider on a bike yesterday, might have been an older beemer bike, he was riding on the Parks bundled up like a 1920's era Arctic explorer. There was another CX rider called AKsoldier I think, he was in the service, have not heard from him in a year, he lived down Knik Goose bay Road out of Wasilla.

My bikes are safely stored away for the winter, the roads up here have their first snow and ice. There was a GL for sale in Wasilla but for the most part the CX bikes are kinda rare, I actually get more attention riding around on my CX400 than I do on the Star V-twin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have friends in Nikiski, does that count? ----- Probably not, they all act like typical North Roaders.

I have seen a few other CX & GL500's in Anchorage, but not many. And there is another forum member in Wasilla. Far as I know, we're the only Alaskans around here. Perhaps we should go for a ride together.

You have friends in Nikiski? Wow. I thought they'd all be drunk this time of year. They'll thaw out in April sometime...

Got the CX all torn apart now. Triple bypass time (39k) Looking for some Harley mufflers if you hear of any being taken off. If I get it running ok was thinking of the Dalton or Dempster or maybe the Canol Road.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Man I hear the weather is hitting hard along the coast, some storm, they say the worst in over 40 years. My job is almost over for the season and then I am going through my spring bought CX650, needs fork seals, a good carb clean and maybe some new tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will be moving to AK (Anchorage area) in a few months from New Mexico. How is the riding season up there? I have a '78 CX500 that my wife is trying to convince me to sell it so, im trying to come up with reasons not to. I have a 3 year old and another on the way so I will need some stong ammo not to get rid of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts