Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree with marshallf3 and then some. I've been badly stung by the UPS border racket twice. Now I don't buy anything from a U.S. vendor if they won't ship by somebody other than UPS. I tend to think of UPS as an organized crime outfit. Where I live the UPS drivers are rude, geographically challenged (as in they couldn't find a fish in a rain barrel, never mind my rural address) and about half as fast as the Canada Post Office. UPS once took more than a month to get a package from Vancouver Island to me. On a good day I can drive that distance in 14 hours. I quit buying computer stuff from Tiger Direct because they will only ship with UPS. I live 1 mile off a provincial highway and they always phone me (usually at about 6:00 AM) to ask if there's someplace in town where they can drop off my shipment. I say "No, Ive paid for door to door service." Then when they do deliver the package they'll just hand it to me without saying hello, goodbye or kiss my a$$. One time after they phoned and I insisted that they deliver the package the driver said he was too busy that day. He was 4 miles from my house and I didn't get delivery until two days later. Sorry about this rant. I go somewhat ballistic when UPS is mentioned.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.