Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted recently that I had recently acquired a 1981 GL500 Interstate desperately in need of a total front brake overhaul. Master cylinder and caliper overhaul kits were available from Honda but the brake lines were not. I tried to order the component parts from a large motorcycle aftermarket parts house but it was way too difficult; back orders, shipping delays, unclear assembly instructions, etc. I got the recommendation for JDA Enterprises, Inc. from this forum. I called Craig. He said "got your brake lines right here already made up and I'll ship them out today". Quick and easy credit card transaction over the phone. Lines arrived the NEXT DAY! Fit and finish are perfect and they were a breeze to install as all the banjo fittings were oriented exactly correctly. I like to recognize great products and service. I am very pleased!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Best thing is you can't beat true Teflon over finely woven stainless. It's all aircraft quality stuff unlike what you'll find on eBay.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I posted recently that I had recently acquired a 1981 GL500 Interstate desperately in need of a total front brake overhaul. Master cylinder and caliper overhaul kits were available from Honda but the brake lines were not. I tried to order the component parts from a large motorcycle aftermarket parts house but it was way too difficult; back orders, shipping delays, unclear assembly instructions, etc. I got the recommendation for JDA Enterprises, Inc. from this forum. I called Craig. He said "got your brake lines right here already made up and I'll ship them out today". Quick and easy credit card transaction over the phone. Lines arrived the NEXT DAY! Fit and finish are perfect and they were a breeze to install as all the banjo fittings were oriented exactly correctly. I like to recognize great products and service. I am very pleased!

DrPaul........Do you have the website's address? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Don't forget that (at least I) and a number of manufactures have converted over to the newest DOT 5.1 brake fluid (Not to be confused with DOT-5)

Do your own research, but from what I've heard it was an incredible changeover giving me apply and release at far faster rates due to the lower viscosity. I don't have the bike back yet but the guy that has been working on it said it bled far easier and also provided far better response. It's totally compatible with DOT 3 & 4 systems thus can be mixed but I'd recommend a total change out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't forget that (at least I) and a number of manufactures have converted over to the newest DOT 5.1 brake fluid (Not to be confused with DOT-5)

Do your own research, but from what I've heard it was an incredible changeover giving me apply and release at far faster rates due to the lower viscosity. I don't have the bike back yet but the guy that has been working on it said it bled far easier and also provided far better response. It's totally compatible with DOT 3 & 4 systems thus can be mixed but I'd recommend a total change out.
Thanks, Marshall. It was your advice to call JDA Enterprise. I have heard that DOT 5.1 is a superior product. It is not readily available around here so I went back with DOT 3 on this job. Of course, filling and bleeding a totally dry system takes a while but overall it went pretty smoothly and with the steel-clad lines the lever is rock hard now. Haven't got to ride yet, though. I'll have to take it easy for the next few hundred miles and let the new pads break in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts