Honda CX 500 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
HI JC
I only recently became aware that you are responsible for the brilliant Moto Faction site...pardon my ignorance..
Wow man....that site is simply brilliant, and I have used it so many times already. Your work on that site is simply outstanding!! Well done!
I have "promoted" (lol) the Moto faction site in so many posts already...where I could... because it is in deed of great assistance - so thank you a million times JC!!
You're welcome! Thanks for the kind words.

That guy JC is a good people. Thank you for all your hard work keeping that Moto Faction site going and growing!
Thanks for the kind words, glad people get good use out of it :)

If those kudos are not enough, we thank JC daily for all his hard work on keeping the WIKI running smooth. He has been instrumental in sorting and moving and updating and tweaking and fixing and taking the trash out. I'm sure I left a few orts on the floor. Thanks Jim! Oh, and some of the thanks also go to his better half, word has it shes pretty mean with coding (that electronic jumble of ones and zeros that have perforated everyone's lives).
Thanks Joel. The site wouldn't get too far without the better half's help ;)

OK, first new article in months. Might be getting some free time soon and I have plenty of articles planned if that does pan out...

Going to do a printable checklist for dropping the motor - before I do that, though, has anyone got anything to add/change about the current list of things to do there?

https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-cx-gl/how-remove-drop-engine-from-frame-cx500-gl500-cx650-gl650-gl700-cx400-gl400/

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #162

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Hey, that's cool. Thanks for posting that up.

Search functionality was restored tonight - that's been broken for months but I haven't been able to get to it until now. It's not the neatest implementation but it does at least restore search.

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I moved servers last night from San Francisco to New York in an attempt to reduce the monthly costs - haven’t had a donation for some time so I need to cut costs where I can - and in the process I managed to check everything but the PHP implementation, which isn’t set up correctly... very few pages on the site use PHP but the stator test is one of them and will be broken until I get to a computer later on.

Thanks for letting me know, slow_roll.

·
Registered
978 Posts
JC, where do I send the $... I can't access your site from my Out Of Date Win98 desktop...

Email or PM me the Paypal and I will send you some $.

David

I moved servers last night from San Francisco to New York in an attempt to reduce the monthly costs - haven’t had a donation for some time so I need to cut costs where I can - and in the process I managed to check everything but the PHP implementation, which isn’t set up correctly... very few pages on the site use PHP but the stator test is one of them and will be broken until I get to a computer later on.

Thanks for letting me know, slow_roll.

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Added a few missing serial numbers to this page:

https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-cx-gl/cx500-engine-serial-numbers/

I still have a half dozen Honda books to go through and get numbers from... I think I will add another column for country so it's more legible and I'll make it sortable by column, so you can more easily see which numbers are relevant to which country...

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
161 - 180 of 220 Posts