Honda CX 500 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #204 (Edited)
I have started adding gasket template files - I have a complete collection of these for the CX/GL but it's taking time to get them all online, so here's the first three.

https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-cx-gl/gasket-templates-cut-out-diy-material-cx400-gl400-cx500-gl500-cx650-gl650-gl700/

I hope to do a video on how I cut them at some point soon.

Update: Have removed the files for now until I figure out which file format and printing style will work for everyone, some people were finding that they worked OK and others they printed too small.

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #205

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hi Jim.
Your Master Build list and stator test links in you signature seem to broken.

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #211

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Been not real well and kept busy offline... step away from the forum for a few months and come back to it looking totally different. Wow.

Updated the stator test page slightly with some minor alterations following discussions with a number of people who were doing it for the first time:

At some point I need to find the time to edit the 600+ lines of code that go into the automated test and update it to include the Rae San, but that's more brain draining than I can manage right now.

Speaking of Rae San, here's a page I did up to help make the necessary wiring for each system easier:

Measured a 650 fan:

Started a page listing alternate fuel tanks - anyone got more to add?

Hoping to get more done in the near future - the workshop is a pigsty as I have not been out there for ages so there's a lot of cleaning up to do before I can get more photos of stuff.

·
Registered
509 Posts
+1 on the thanks/kudos for the motofaction page, an invaluable resource!

thumbsup.png

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #215

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Thanks to the couple of guys who have sent in donations in the last few weeks - it's much appreciated, it's a lot harder to make money at the moment with all the coronavirus craziness going on around the world and helping with the website bills is appreciated.

Brendan sent in some pics of his alternate rear shock for a GL500 - added to the bottom of this page:

It does raise the rear of the bike an inch and a half, which requires serious consideration with regard to the bike's handling but it may be an option for people who know what they're doing.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
While I have your attention, (lol) I had the occasion to open the WIKI for the layered wiring diagrams. Unfortunately, I was met with missing/and/or corrupt files. I don't know if this was related to the move to this {new crap] forum stuff, or some other issue. Those layered ones were put together by Trundler, I think.

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
While I have your attention, (lol) I had the occasion to open the WIKI for the layered wiring diagrams. Unfortunately, I was met with missing/and/or corrupt files. I don't know if this was related to the move to this {new crap] forum stuff, or some other issue. Those layered ones were put together by Trundler, I think.
The owner of the files has removed them from Google Drive (or the account has been deleted etc.) - if anyone has another source for them I will update the links.

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Bako sent in a pic of his compliance plate from Zimbabwe which had a higher CX500E Sports serial than the one listed on this page by a couple of thousand - have updated the numbers accordingly:

If anyone else has a higher one than the highest listed, let me know! I have the feeling that I have missed updating this a couple of times when people have sent them to me, I need to check my records...

·
Super Moderator
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
201 - 220 of 220 Posts