Honda CX 500 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Imagine you did not have a bunch of donations? I hope I am wrong...

I moved servers last night from San Francisco to New York in an attempt to reduce the monthly costs - haven’t had a donation for some time so I need to cut costs where I can - and in the process I managed to check everything but the PHP implementation, which isn’t set up correctly... very few pages on the site use PHP but the stator test is one of them and will be broken until I get to a computer later on.

Thanks for letting me know, slow_roll.

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Imagine you did not have a bunch of donations? I hope I am wrong...
Donations have been pretty quiet for a while - but then there hasn't been a lot of new content so the site probably hasn't been in people's minds as much. Global interest in the CX is currently at 20-30% of what it was at it's peak in 2015 (Google provides some fascinating insights) and the website traffic and consequently donations track pretty consistently with that, so... well, it is what it is! I have reduced costs as much as possible and will just weather it until I add more articles to draw some more traffic and attention :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's awesome, I had no idea about the break pedals and will look for a custom one to move forward my feet finally! I'll definitely donate as soon as someone pays me on UpWork for some translation gigs I completed.
Any idea if the gear lever is the same deal?

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #189

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks for all you do JC!

And I encourage anyone that makes use of your great resource to chip in to help keep it alive and show their appreciation.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Oh, and Georg Henkelmann sent me a table (preformatted to my site's format in straight HTML, no less) of the master cylinder part numbers and rebuild kits for a huge list of the CXs:

https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-cx-gl/front-brake-master-cylinder-part-numbers-and-specifications-honda-cx500-gl500-cx650-gl650/

In doing that page I also decided to put a page down about the Honda area codes:

https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-motorcycle-country-area-codes-meaning-deciphering/

Woo, slowly getting back into the swing of things.

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #195

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #198

·
Super Moderator
3,248 Posts
181 - 200 of 220 Posts