Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Benelli Leoncino - 2017 CSC RX3 - 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i - 1979 CX650 Street Scrambler
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vast majority of motorcycle parts have been removed from JC Whitney's site. All google links to motorcycle parts are broken. Talked to a customer service rep; They have a limited selection of parts left, and when they're gone so is the motorcycle section. They stopped the printed motorcycle magazine earlier this year. I've been buying motorcycle parts from JC Whitney for more than 20 years. Air filters, windshields, crash guards, grips, chrome farkles, you name it. It's always been my go-to for motorcycle parts, and I've always loved pouring over the print magazines. That era has ended. They are concentrating on car and jeep parts now. Any other powersports is also on its way out. The ATV section is suffering the same parts unavailibity, as is the RV section.

Charles.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I used to love the old print catalogs with the pen & ink drawings... lots of sparkly chrome doo-dads... sad to hear that news.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
They went out of business in the late 70's I found out after ordering a lot of parts.I got a letter saying to bad you lost your money,six months later I get a new JCW catalogue in the mail after trying to get what I had ordered or my money back they claimed that was a different JCW company.Live and learn never ordered from the "new" company.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I restored an MGB several years ago. Most of the parts I ordered from JCW
went in the trash. No quality at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I used to order a VW part from them now and again, but it was mostly junk. I got a new brake master cylinder from them once that looked worse than the one I took out. The truth is most of their stuff was aftermarket, very few OEM manufacturers did business with them. I did find a few nice things, but mostly read the catalog as a teenager.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
IU rebuilt a 1971 MGB several years ago and ordered lots of stuff from J. C. Whitney.
Some things I could use and some I threw away. Very little quality in their parts.

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
I see that your opinion of J.C.Whitney has not changed.
When I first bought my Model A Ford I was able to get parts at Canadian Tire, no need for J.C.W.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I bought a slash-cut shorty strait pipe muffler from JCW for my Ducati 250 Monza back around 1978, and I have to say it was really stout, reminiscent of a Harley can but much smaller. It was so loud on that 250 hemi-head, that my wife claimed she could hear me when I rode it to work, all the way until I turned it off, 2 miles away. And the chrome was indestructible. I have fond memories....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts