Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no better time to ride to and about Vermont than September. Families are home from vacations, the kids are back in school, it's too soon for the leaf peepers and for several days every other September THE ROADS ARE OURS FOR THE TAKING!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The dates are September 16-18, 2011, Friday thru Sunday. Probably similiar arrangements as two years ago, some indoor sleeping, plenty of camping space, no cost for accomodations, everybody chips in for food. Come when you can, leave when you must. Breakfasts, dinners can be cooked on site. Running water, refrigerator, porches, nice views. Central Vermont, near Randolph, Vt. Within riding distance (day trips) of Lake Champlain Hero Islands, Rangely Lakes region ME, Mt Washington, NH. Trailer your bike if you need to, there is 6 acres of parking. Someone probably has some pics from 2007 or 2009 (and knows how to post them). Miss it and you'll have to wait two more years!

edit to correct dates

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I must be there! I miss Vermont, The rally 2 years ago was very memorable. Lots of good roads and trails, Unforgettable scenery, Super nice people to spend time with, good food, good times!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hiya Rich,

I would be "pushing my luck" if i can make it this year....new house etc, but i'll try and keep on top of my "Honey Do" list
Just maybe i'll be able to make it

Cheers............keith.......

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Barring a Toyota putting me in it's sightes again, I'll be there. See you at the Amish soon enough.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To our longtime overseas friends, including but not limited to: Sture, Shep, Reg, Eurovee, Don, or Bandit, if you can come (I know, not likely) I can put one of you on a CX/GL for the weekend. If this is a possibility, email me (I don't check PMs very often, so not there), at motorcycleguy DOT rich AT gmail DOT com. Accomodations and help while in the States can be arranged. Make your interest known and other offers of hospitality will surely arise. Though small, this has always been an International Rally, it could be a Global Rally, eh?

The cabin is in Brookfield, Vt. home of the floating bridge. I prefer not to post the exact address on this public forum as it is my family's, and I ask that previous attendees not post the address either. Anyone who expresses interest in coming will get the address and coordinates via email for sure.

This is intended to be a low cost weekend for all. Tools, indoor workspace, and "rescue vehicle/trailer" (ya know, for non-Hondas that break down) will be onsite. Ride hard and eat & sleep well. Or just kick back on the porch overlooking the hills and valleys with your favorite beverage and a few like minded fellow riders. (Please, no alcholic beverages between 5:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M.
)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For planning purposes just look for Brookfield, Vermont. Let me know after the dust settles from the PA Amish Rally if you think you can come and I'll email you the exact address/coordinates. I have a sister'law with a "Sea Captain" relatve lives somewhere in NF I'm told. email me at motorcycleguy DOT rich AT gmail DOT com I'd like an excuse to ride/sail to NF some year (I don't think my GL650I would make the overland route). Which week is summer, usually?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's 5 weeks away and closing fast. The list is something like this as far as I know right now:

Rich/CT

Kevin/CT

RichG/CT

Dave/CT

Ernie/CT

Steve/PA

Steve/MA

Loudergood/VT

Again, I suggest, we have numerous members in the New England and NY state area who have never been at a CX/GL Rally, this one is close enough for you to dispose of that disgraceful reputation!
If I don't get at least ten, I'm going to call it a "Ride In" instead of a rally . . .

Vermont is where the first (and second) CX/GL Rallys were held. Don't take my word for it, ask the "Old Man" who started them, that dam yankee Phil.

Anybody know who's got the North East (original) Rally banner? Probably Steve/PA.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Pete's just across the river from me, I'll contact him after he comes back from Burning Man to see if he's going to ride up.

The dates are September 17-19, 2011, Friday thru Sunday.

Is it Sept 17-19, or is it Friday to Sunday? Did you change the date at some point, I have Sept. 17-20 marked on the calendar for some reason.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steve, thanks for noticing my error. I have edited the first entry to be Sept 16-18, Friday thru Sunday. I did that because Monday it's going to start raining.

Rich/CT

Kevin/CT

RichG/CT

Dave/CT

Ernie/CT

Steve/PA

Steve/MA

Loudergood/VT

Jim/NJ

Hmmmmmm, NY, NH, and ME are not represented yet? And neither is Cana-duh?
I shouldn't tease, they still have their AAA rating . . .

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Steve, thanks for noticing my error. I have edited the first entry to be Sept 16-18, Friday thru Sunday. I did that because Monday it's going to start raining.

Rich/CT

Kevin/CT

RichG/CT

Dave/CT

Ernie/CT

Steve/PA

Steve/MA

Loudergood/VT

Jim/NJ

Hmmmmmm, NY, NH, and ME are not represented yet? And neither is Cana-duh?
I shouldn't tease, they still have their AAA rating . . .

..........and they had 5 folks show up at the Amish!

Gene

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
..........and they had 5 folks show up at the Amish!

Gene

Hey, no need for name calling, Gene. It was 5 riders who came down from Canada, but only 4 were Canadians (we'll count the one Brit in the group who hasn't found time to become a Canadian in the last 23 or so years he's lived there.) I rode up there so there'd be at least ONE GL/CX at their CX/GL rally.

I don't think nippongreen will be able to make it, if he does, I think he's better off just sticking around the states. His better half will probably change the locks before he rounds the corner!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Four weeks to go and looking forward to the green hills of Vermont. Keith, I am unsuccessful trying to email you at your "new" email address? Email me, I owe you some money!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Gene,

So sorry you missed the Canadian contingent/invasion
I do know that Paul and his good wife Laurie are going to make it there yearly pilgramage, the same as myself

Mr cobram,

I give you the BEST hospitality i/we could offer and all you do is offend me !!!!!!

What do yer think i'm thick or something http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkK2G7SzUbU&feature=related

Rich,

I got yer E-mail, you owe me money so you avoid me at the Amish !!!!!.......LOL

I'll catch you next year and a case of Yingelling Dinga ling will suffice

Have fun in Vt folks, wish i could make it

All The Best........Keith......

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"Rich,

I got yer E-mail, you owe me money so you avoid me at the Amish !!!!!.......LOL"

Ouch! I've been found out! BTW, that video was funny, but I couldn't understand a word of it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I could have a fiber scope (to look inside engines) and a infared thermometer (point and shoot) for evening entertainment. Tools for valve adjustment and other basic tasks also. Gotta do something with the hand that's not holding the beer . . . and besides, with no drivechain to lube and adjust, (or TV reception or internet) we have to make up "maintenance stuff" to fill the non-riding hours.

If you are trailering or trucking your MC, there is a nice bank, some ramp planks, and extra hands there to make the transfers easy.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.