Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my parents were recently on a cruise to France and Italy, and were walking down the street looking at the shops in Ravenna Italy. Guess what they saw?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Auto part

Text Font

Red Orange Material property Car Vehicle

Font Number Vehicle

Kind of blurry, but the signature on the tank:

Green Table Glass

I went to the website listed on the plaque, and from the looks of it, the bike was a restoration from this company in Italy. Kind of hard to understand because the whole website is in Italian, but there are some pictures of the restoration here: Ferrini Restauri, restauro, trasformazione e compravendita moto d'epoca a Ravenna: Novità, restauro Honda 500 Four, corso di Vernicitatura inchiostro If you scroll down a bit more you can also see another CX500 that they did in red.
The bike is now displayed in an optometrist store and must have belonged to a family member possibly.
If anyone knows more about this bike please feel free to share! I'd be really interested in learning the history of it.

I know lots of the members on here are from many different parts of the world, but it is really cool to spot another CX500 so far away from home. Just goes to show what a unique bike this is, and how small the world really is!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh my....
I need a moment alone....

Reactions: Motomicah

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice looking racer :cool:
But I am a bit curious - was this bike a proper racer or only a cosmetic conversion? If it did saw some green flags, it would be interesting to know what other mods for engine and handling it has and how competitive it was?

·
Registered
807 Posts
That's freakin Nice!!!

Reactions: Motomicah

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice looking racer :cool:
But I am a bit curious - was this bike a proper racer or only a cosmetic conversion? If it did saw some green flags, it would be interesting to know what other mods for engine and handling it has and how competitive it was?
I wish I had more details on this bike, as I am very curious too. Maybe one of our Italian friends on the forum here can help translate some of the info on the website or give us more details.

Reactions: nolimitz
1 - 8 of 8 Posts